Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux based or barebones Mini PC

Options
  • 07-02-2017 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Hope this is the right forum. I'm looking for a mini PC to fit beside the TV at home. Mostly media streaming and internet browsing. I'd like it to be linux based or come with no OS so i can put on my own. I'd also like the BIOS and NIC to support the WOL feature.

Any recommendations ?

I know there is the NUC but they seem a bit expensive for what i want, has anyone any experience with the Gigabyte BRIX with a linux distro on it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Novatech sell a basic MSI Celeron NUC with a 240GB SSD for around €150, extremely good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

This one i take it ?

https://www.novatech.co.uk/pc/range/novatechpockithdnpi28.html

That looks like what im after. I'll read up a bit on it thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ah, they had a cheaper one before Christmas that was £129....must be out of stock. It was that exact model chassis but a slightly slower processor I think (but really on paper only, just 1/200mhz in difference)

Shame as it was unbelievable value, the SSD alone was €50 worth.

Advertisement