Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(My own) Eircom.net emails coming from VITTORIO FOUNDATION

Options
  • 07-02-2017 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I have recently been checking my emails using Eir webmail instead of Microsoft Outlook 2007. However, in the inbox they appear as coming from VITTORIO FOUNDATION, instead of (my [email]address@)eircom.net[/email].... This is only a recent change, it has only started happening this week, and when I google VITTORIO FOUNATION it seems to be scam emails.... your advice appreciated, please. Has my account been hacked? I use what I consider to be a very secure (and not easily repeated) password. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

balliali wrote: »
    I have recently been checking my emails using Eir webmail instead of Microsoft Outlook 2007. However, in the inbox they appear as coming from VITTORIO FOUNDATION, instead of (my [email=address@)eircom.net]address@)eircom.net[/email].... This is only a recent change, it has only started happening this week, and when I google VITTORIO FOUNATION it seems to be scam emails.... your advice appreciated, please. Has my account been hacked? I use what I consider to be a very secure (and not easily repeated) password. 
    Hi  balliali,

Thanks for getting in touch. This does seem quite strange. I'll check this with the webmail team & be back to you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi balliali,

It sounds like your email has been compromised. I would suggest you calling us on 1901 and our team will be able to arrange to change your email password. You can also do this via the below link. And I would suggest using the Reset a forgotten password option.

https://autoreg.eir.ie/passwordchange/

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭balliali

Pamela,  thank you very much for your prompt reply....Eircom password changed to one which I think is very secure. I now think that the actual problem stems from my Yahoo.ie email addresses. Although I noticed the problem when I composed and sent an email from my eircom.net email address, my yahoo.ie was the recipient address and this is where the VITTORIO FOUNDATION appeared in the "From" column. So changed that password too. Thanks again for your help, I will monitor both sets of email addresses and see how things go. 

Pamela,  thank you very much for your prompt reply....Eircom password changed to one which I think is very secure. I now think that the actual problem stems from my Yahoo.ie email addresses. Although I noticed the problem when I composed and sent an email from my eircom.net email address, my yahoo.ie was the recipient address and this is where the VITTORIO FOUNDATION appeared in the "From" column. So changed that password too. Thanks again for your help, I will monitor both sets of email addresses and see how things go. 
    No problem at all balliali, please do let me know if you need any further assistance.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

You might need to check the 'from' field under 'preferences' when you are logged into webmail.

• Advertisement

java wrote: »
    You might need to check the 'from' field under 'preferences' when you are logged into webmail.
    Thanks  java,

-Pamela 

Thanks  java,

-Pamela 
    I still have this problem with my emails on my eircom.net email address. When I compose an email on the Eir webmail service, VITTORIO FOUNDATION comes up in the reply to box. This email address is vittorio_foundation101@rocketmail.com. I don't have this problem when I check and send from Mail2Web. I have changed passwords, but this continues to be a problem. I have enclosed an image, I used the eircom.net email address to send an email to myself@eircom.net and to myself@yahoo.ie> What can I do????

Thanks  java,

-Pamela 
    I still have this problem with my emails on my eircom.net email address. When I compose an email on the Eir webmail service, VITTORIO FOUNDATION comes up in the reply to box. This email address is vittorio_foundation101@rocketmail.com. I don't have this problem when I check and send from Mail2Web. I have changed passwords, but this continues to be a problem. I have enclosed an image, I used the eircom.net email address to send an email to myself@eircom.net and to myself@yahoo.ie> What can I do????
    Hi balliali,

I've attached a screenshot of how to remove this. 

After the password reset, please go to Preferences > Accounts > Primary Account Settings and change the name to a valid value.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Thanks  java,

-Pamela 
    Hi balliali,

After the password reset, please go to Preferences > Accounts > Primary Account Settings and change the name to a valid value.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Thank you so much, that solved the problem...

Thanks  java,

-Pamela 
    Hi balliali,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Thank you so much, that solved the problem...
    No problem at all  balliali :D

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement