Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a tall automatic SUV / MPV - Skoda Kodiaq?

Options
  • 07-02-2017 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a Tall Automatic SUV/MPV. What about the new Skoda Kodiaq? Reviews look good. Also 0% finance and 7 seater option makes it more impressive.

Is this the best value for money car in that segment with its features within that price range? Never had a Skoda before. How would it compare with Toyota / Nissan / Volkswagen etc?

Any other good option?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

TestLink wrote: »
    I am looking for a Tall Automatic SUV/MPV. What about the new Skoda Kodiaq? Reviews look good. Also 0% finance and 7 seater option makes it more impressive.

Is this the best value for money car in that segment with its features within that price range? Never had a Skoda before. How would it compare with Toyota / Nissan / Volkswagen etc?

Any other good option?

How big does it need to be? How much do you need an SUV?

Following options are worth considering:
    Hybrid automatics: Toyota Rav4, Toyota C-HR, Toyota Prius+, Outlander PHEV
    Torque converter automatics: Peugoet 3008, 5008 (old MPV, new SUV), Citroen C4 Picasso
    Double clutch automatics: Renault Kadjar, Skoda Kodiaq
    CVT transmission: Nissan Quasqai, Nissan X-Trail

That's just a start... :]

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is an entire thread on the Skodiac here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057640846

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TestLink

grogi wrote: »
    How big does it need to be? How much do you need an SUV?

Following options are worth considering:
    Hybrid automatics: Toyota Rav4, Toyota C-HR, Toyota Prius+, Outlander PHEV
    Torque converter automatics: Peugoet 3008, 5008 (old MPV, new SUV), Citroen C4 Picasso
    Double clutch automatics: Renault Kadjar, Skoda Kodiaq
    CVT transmission: Nissan Quasqai, Nissan X-Trail

That's just a start... :]

Kids are growing up and getting taller each day! So I need something that would be comfy for them.

My max budget is 32,000. I prefer Toyota (or any other Japaneese or Korean cars). I dont think I could get some thing this spec for that price. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Kids are growing up and getting taller each day! So I need something that would be comfy for them.

My max budget is 32,000. I prefer Toyota (or any other Japaneese or Korean cars). I dont think I could get some thing this spec for that price. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Toyota Prius+ - a 7-seater hybrid. You should be able to get a new one for 32k after pushing the salesman a bit...

Kia Niro - a hybrid as well - ~30k should suffice...

grogi wrote: »
    Toyota Prius+ - a 7-seater hybrid. You should be able to get a new one for 32k after pushing the salesman a bit...

Kia Niro - a hybrid as well - ~30k should suffice...

Thanks, But these are not tall enough for me! I need some thing with some good leg space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

the Kodiaq doesn't have 0% finance

Thanks, But these are not tall enough for me! I need some thing with some good leg space.

I am 6'5" and don't complain in a Corsa in the front. Don't exaggerate ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Honda CRV

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

bf wrote: »
    the Kodiaq doesn't have 0% finance

They have.Check http://www.skoda.ie/finance/finance-calculator

Kodiaq is not in yet in that list. But it would be the same as other models.

Eventually, in five years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

I can guarantee you the Kodiaq will not have 0% finance, its a new model where supply exceeds demand. Dealers have confirmed this to me - rate for PCP on the Kodiaq is likely to be 4.9% or 5.9%

Advertisement