Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arcade fire malahide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Tickets sorted, nothing like a good gig to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Roll on June 14!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

For sure - the ticket price is steep but I need something to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Roll on June 14!

Fo' Sho'..
    Splashed out and booked The Grand Hotel for the night and all..
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emmallow

Got tickets for Belfast - Arcade Fire, then Radiohead the week after - June is looking good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

emmallow wrote: »
    Got tickets for Belfast - Arcade Fire, then Radiohead the week after - June is looking good!

Same here, except I'm going to Malahide. It will be busy alright.

Same here, except I'm going to Malahide. It will be busy alright.

Same here and all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Gave in and just got tickets

Where do people recommend staying in malahide?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Think I'll be giving this a miss. Really couldn't get into Reflektor at all and the new stuff sounds the same. Also wasn't that impressed with the Marlay show the last time they were in town. Add to that a Wednesday night and 150 quid for a pair of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Think I'll be giving this a miss. Really couldn't get into Reflektor at all and the new stuff sounds the same. Also wasn't that impressed with the Marlay show the last time they were in town. Add to that a Wednesday night and 150 quid for a pair of tickets.

Agree on Marley Park. Was very poor. But new album will be out before the gig so can't knock the new stuff until then

• Advertisement

Agree on Marley Park. Was very poor. But new album will be out before the gig so can't knock the new stuff until then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

Gas, I only went to Marley to see pixies. No interest in arcade fire. Pixies were woeful, AF blew me away. The bar must be really raised high for AF! Hopefully I'll see them in malahide.

emo72 wrote: »
    Gas, I only went to Marley to see pixies. No interest in arcade fire. Pixies were woeful, AF blew me away. The bar must be really raised high for AF! Hopefully I'll see them in malahide.

I think the Marlay Park gig, like too many (? most) gigs these days had too many selfie-takers and people more interested in chatting than getting into the music..

Atmosphere up front was good, but going back to the bar, it seemed half the people were disinterested..
    I wasn't at the Stone Roses in Marlay, but reports were similar
    (plus I think the volume there seemed way too low - I won't be retuning if it can be avoided)

UsedToWait wrote: »

Atmosphere up front was good, but going back to the bar, it seemed half the people were disinterested..

I was pretty far back which was likely my problem. I have seen a handful of really exceptional Arcade Fire shows so the bar is set pretty high alright.

They'll put on a great show in Malahide I'm sure but will depend on the crowd and new material probably. Hoping it'll be excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Arcade Fire announce special guests!

13 June Belsonic: The Kooks
    14 June Malahide Castle and Gardens: BOMBA ESTEREO

Tickets on sale now: http://bit.ly/2p7uns0

Arcade Fire announce special guests!

14 June Malahide Castle and Gardens: BOMBA ESTEREO

Reckon these will be good craic..

Anyone got any idea of the capacity for the Malahide show?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I have a double room in hotel Island View nearby booked but can't go. Pm me if interested, will swap over name and email address on the booking so you get it at face value and pay upon arrival or check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lawyer?

Have 2 tickets for the Malahide gig and can't make it. PM me if anyone's interested, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

I've been keeping on eye on Dublin Bus, Dart etc and can't see them advertising transport for this. Has anyone any idea if there's extra services from the city to Malahide?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

dinneenp wrote: »
    I have a double room in hotel Island View nearby booked but can't go. Pm me if interested, will swap over name and email address on the booking so you get it at face value and pay upon arrival or check out.

Cancelled the room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Kajaga

Never been to Malahide castle before, can anyone give me the lowdown on how difficult it will be to get to and from the gig? I'd be driving up from the west.

Also - ticketmaster says show at 5, but I assume thats gates and that Arcade Fire wouldn't be on until 7 or 8? Anyone have any idea?

Kajaga wrote: »
    Never been to Malahide castle before, can anyone give me the lowdown on how difficult it will be to get to and from the gig? I'd be driving up from the west.

Also - ticketmaster says show at 5, but I assume thats gates and that Arcade Fire wouldn't be on until 7 or 8? Anyone have any idea?
    I would guess they go on at 9.

https://youtu.be/zC30BYR3CUk

New arcade fire. Sounds like ABBA and I'm super into it.

https://youtu.be/zC30BYR3CUk

New arcade fire. Sounds like ABBA and I'm super into it.

https://youtu.be/wNIYFetgFrE

Live video of another new song. I'm excited with what I'm hearing.

https://youtu.be/wNIYFetgFrE

Live video of another new song. I'm excited with what I'm hearing.

Yeah that Creature Comfort will be a serious tune

I'm not sold yet at all. Creature Comfort sounds a bit too protesty for me and Everything Now is a solid song but not on par with the title tracks of the last 2 albums.

The most important thing though is how the new songs sound live. I like Arcade Fire more for their gigs than their CD's. So in that respect I'm still hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Hi all, I've been let down by a baby sitter but I was thinking would I be able to bring my 5 and 6 year old along to the gig? I'm not paying 70€ for a ticket for each of them so I've really got two questions... will I be able to bring them in for free and secondly has anyone experience of bringing kids of this age to a gig like this? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Hi all, I've been let down by a baby sitter but I was thinking would I be able to bring my 5 and 6 year old along to the gig? I'm not paying 70€ for a ticket for each of them so I've really got two questions... will I be able to bring them in for free and secondly has anyone experience of bringing kids of this age to a gig like this? Cheers

You will not get them in for free for sure

Youll have to buy them a ticket each

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Anyone heard/seen any confirmation of stage times or know when they'll be released?

Can't get off work and might not be able to get there til about 8.30, wondering if it's worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I assume we can expect bag restrictions for this now. What was the implementation like for Forbidden Fruit? I want to be able to bring in some waterproofs if it is looking dodge on the night.

Advertisement