Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arcade fire malahide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

dia squish wrote: »
    Anyone heard/seen any confirmation of stage times or know when they'll be released?

Can't get off work and might not be able to get there til about 8.30, wondering if it's worth it.

No stage times released yet. I'm guessing they'll go on at about 9.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

You will not get them in for free for sure

Youll have to buy them a ticket each

not sure about that, contact the promotors

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would love to be going to this gig but the location combined with a Wednesday night makes it pretty difficult to get back to Kildare on the night. What time would it be finishing up at, 11? They were excellent at Primavera, provided it stays dry I would say anyone going is in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Somewhere between 10.45 and 11 sounds about right

They played black mirror at one of the UK gigs. If they play that in Dublin I'll lose my ****.

• Advertisement

They played black mirror at one of the UK gigs. If they play that in Dublin I'll lose my ****.

They're playing Windowsill on this tour a bit too but I'd much rather Black Mirror. They used to open with it

8-10 wrote: »

They're playing Windowsill on this tour a bit too but I'd much rather Black Mirror. They used to open with it
    Any songs from neon Bible are welcome! Love that album.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Looks like good weather for Wednesday evening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Hi all, I've been let down by a baby sitter but I was thinking would I be able to bring my 5 and 6 year old along to the gig? I'm not paying 70€ for a ticket for each of them so I've really got two questions... will I be able to bring them in for free and secondly has anyone experience of bringing kids of this age to a gig like this? Cheers
    You'll get in no problem, sure have they any friends they could bring to keep them happy?

Don't forget to bring their toys to keep them occupied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Kajaga wrote: »
    Never been to Malahide castle before, can anyone give me the lowdown on how difficult it will be to get to and from the gig? I'd be driving up from the west.

i'm the same, i was going to just drive to Malahide and find parking somewhere and drive home after but the road to Malahide looks like rural Clare here on Google Streetview! so gonna drive to connolly train station, park there (cheap enough, if i can get a space) and get the DART up.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

How long would it take to walk from the Grand hotel to the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Also, what time will the support act start does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

What will the Dart from Pearse be like heading out to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

R.F. wrote: »
    How long would it take to walk from the Grand hotel to the venue?

15-20 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

trying to figure out a solution to driving up to Dublin and getting the dart or bus out and back from the gig

any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't know that part of Dublin too well

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

i'm the same, i was going to just drive to Malahide and find parking somewhere and drive home after but the road to Malahide looks like rural Clare here on Google Streetview! so gonna drive to connolly train station, park there (cheap enough, if i can get a space) and get the DART up.
    If you can't get a space there, it's just a few mins out to Fairview /Clontarf Rd dart station which also has a car park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

R.F. wrote: »
    Also, what time will the support act start does anyone know?

I can't understand why MCD have not released any stage times... so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭deviladvocate

I'm a Nordie, just home from the show in Belfast...
    Kooks were grand, but most of the crowd didn't really care. Was fairly empty at the start of their set, and most of the crowd that did appear didn't care until the last few songs.
    Arcade Fire came on a little after 9, and played almost 2 hours.... It was awesome!! I'm only a casual fan, and this was my first time seeing them and loved it! When it got darker the show really kicked off and just all in all a really happy and fun vibe about the gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Still no info on stage times? It says 5pm gates open on Ticketmaster, on Arcade Fires site, it links to this: http://www.bandsintown.com/event/13898509?artist=Arcade+Fire&affil_code=fbjs_arcadefire.com which says 7pm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

so finished around 11 then?

last train to the Maynooth line leaves Connolly around 11:15pm
    hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

cormie wrote: »
    Still no info on stage times? It says 5pm gates open on Ticketmaster, on Arcade Fires site, it links to this: http://www.bandsintown.com/event/13898509?artist=Arcade+Fire&affil_code=fbjs_arcadefire.com which says 7pm?
    Hard to get a reply from MCD guys. I see messages everywhere asking for the Stage times and yet no response.
    What about the no backpacks policy? Is this new? I wonder where I'll leave my backpack with my work tools :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

where will I get parking guys as I dont have a baby sitter arriving until 6pm and we are driving in from ratoath? I've never been to a gig in Malahide before so all advise appreciated.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

are there many taxis at these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

Oh, just in case, found this:
    http://mcd.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Malahide-Castle-Public-Info-2017v5.pdf
    Information there about admission, rules and parking.

Last night official start time was 9.15 but was after 9.20 when they came on and ended bang on 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

where will I get parking guys as I dont have a baby sitter arriving until 6pm and we are driving in from ratoath? I've never been to a gig in Malahide before so all advise appreciated.
    cheers

Probably safe to say you wont get parking in Malahide so maybe park in Swords, Portmarknock and get a short taxi into Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Absolute crap service from MCD as usual.

6 hours till gates open and still no stage times!

Would appreciate if anyone on Facebook or twitter could update this thread if they ever do get their sh1t together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Absolute crap service from MCD as usual.

6 hours till gates open and still no stage times!

Would appreciate if anyone on Facebook or twitter could update this thread if they ever do get their sh1t together.

STAGE TIMES FOR @arcadefire TONIGHT!
    GATES: 5PM
    @bombaestereo: 7.30PM
    @arcadefire: 8.30PM
    Times subject to change!

Advertisement