Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Sweden - What health Insurance?

Options
  • 07-02-2017 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hi Guys.

I'm emigrating to Sweden (Malmö) this week.
    When arriving I'll be applying for my Personnummer straight away but I'm a bit hazy on the requirements.

Passport / Proof of address / Sufficient funds - I have but they are asking for proof of 12 months Health Insurance.

Some sites are saying an EHIC Card will suffice but this only covers for 90 days.
    I've looked at the S1 form but it only applies if I'm still employed by an Irish company.

Has anyone made this move recently?? Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

EHIC is enough, just register for it with the HSE and use that.

Whatever is required in your home state is enough (e.g. coming from Holland it's Private Insurance because there is only private insurance)

Coming from Ireland you only need to have paid your PRSI.

Once you start working and paying into the Swedish system that'll cover you.

Advertisement