Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary schools in Monkstown, co. Dublin

Options
  • 07-02-2017 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone could help, but we've just arrived in Ireland and in Monkstown, South Dublin, with our son who is just 3 years old, and we are looking to get him registered into a good school. We have a preference for non-fee paying and mixed schools as much as possible.

He has a place reserved already to start at Holy Family NS in Mokstown, it is the closest school to our house and it would be to start at 3 and half years old for mornings only ("Early Start"). Is there anyone who has children going to this school? What do you think of the teachers, the atmosphere, the program, the activities? How easy is it to talk to someone there? I like the fact that it is close by but I cannot find much information online...

Also, to be sure that he has a place for next year and because I'd like to make sure that we do our best for him, I am getting him registered with the two local Educate Together schools (Monkstown and Dalkey) but apparently their waiting lists are just too long... So we're looking at all the local non-fee paying schools in the area. Any information you could provide (schools preferred, didn't like, activities, etc.) would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

You should consider St Josepeh's on Tivoli Road too but I doubt you've any hope of either of the educate togethers given his age.

There's going to be a new primary in Dun Laoghaire in Sept 2017
    Sketchy details here but you should look into that too

Advertisement