Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection from cabinet rewired around Eir

Options
  • 07-02-2017 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Dear Eir
    I was waiting long time for good internet connection. I got fiber connection about 2 years ago and I was very happy that Im connected to wright cabinet (nearest) Download speed was 85mbps for over 18 mounts. then it went down to 65mbps with no obvious reason.

There was another issue with upload recently in my house so I asked to fix download speed as well. Engener knew there is 90mb profile but he did not know why Im getting only 65. He said that distance to cabinet shows is over 400 meters which is more than it seems to be. He  could not check cabinet for any foults that day so he comeback today. In cabinet all looks good.

There is few new houses build behind mine few mounts ago  (more less then drop happened) Looks like Im connected now behind my house and then cams back what is extending copper distance and slowing my connection. Could you please tell me how this could happened. Making good connection worst? Farther more its only me as my neighbours ar slill on 90mb

Im wonder if that was planned if so how did you choose me to be the lacki one or was done accidentally?

Shell I have any hope to get beck my dream?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

jowkon wrote: »
    Dear Eir
    I was waiting long time for good internet connection. I got fiber connection about 2 years ago and I was very happy that Im connected to wright cabinet (nearest) Download speed was 85mbps for over 18 mounts. then it went down to 65mbps with no obvious reason.

There was another issue with upload recently in my house so I asked to fix download speed as well. Engener knew there is 90mb profile but he did not know why Im getting only 65. He said that distance to cabinet shows is over 400 meters which is more than it seems to be. He  could not check cabinet for any foults that day so he comeback today. In cabinet all looks good.

There is few new houses build behind mine few mounts ago  (more less then drop happened) Looks like Im connected now behind my house and then cams back what is extending copper distance and slowing my connection. Could you please tell me how this could happened. Making good connection worst? Farther more its only me as my neighbours ar slill on 90mb

Im wonder if that was planned if so how did you choose me to be the lacki one or was done accidentally?

Shell I have any hope to get beck my dream?
    Thank you.
    Hi jowkon,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In some cases, the line profile will be dropped to help stabilise the line. I would recommend contacting the technical team and they can check this for you. If it's possible to increase your line profile they will also be able to arrange this for you. You can contact them on 1890260260, freephone 1901 option 2 or chat via the web chat here.

- Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jowkon

I already wrote above that technical support tried adjusting things and they did not know  what is wrong. The engineer here checked everything and line is fine except my house is now 200m farther then before new one where build.
    You suggest me go through the same way again in circle? 
    Thank you for your replay

I already wrote above that technical support tried adjusting things and they did not know  what is wrong. The engineer here checked everything and line is fine except my house is now 200m farther then before new one where build.
    You suggest me go through the same way again in circle? 
    Thank you for your replay
    If your line is capable of a profile change they can arrange this for you on the call jowkon. I'm afraid if they are unable to arrange this I would be unable to offer you better news from here. Each line is individual and this could just be a case of your line taking a different cable path from the exchange to your home.

-Pamela 

Im still in the same cabinet. Line from cabinet is naw longer then it was. Id like to find out if the is a chance to fix it and invest my time in to the calls? 

Im still in the same cabinet. Line from cabinet is naw longer then it was. Id like to find out if the is a chance to fix it and invest my time in to the calls? 
    If there is a profile issue or fault on this line the technical team would be able to identify this jowkon. Can you PM me your name and account number? I'll take a look and hopefully be able to offer you some clarity.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

The profile was checked and other test were done (no solution) engineer was here (all good). The issue here is connection from cabinet is naw twice longer then it was. So Im asking if there is a chance to connected as it was before same as my neighbours still have?

The profile was checked and other test were done (no solution) engineer was here (all good). The issue here is connection from cabinet is naw twice longer then it was. So Im asking if there is a chance to connected as it was before same as my neighbours still have?
    I can't advise until I have your account details & taken at your line jowkon as each line is individual.

-Pamela 

PM sent Thank you

PM sent Thank you
    No problem  jowkon, I'll be going through my PM's shortly.

-Pamela 

Hello Pamela `Any news ? 
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hello Pamela `Any news ? 
    Thanks
    I've sent you a PM  jowkon.

-Pamela

Advertisement