Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you work in an office, please respond to this for me.

Options
  • 07-02-2017 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm Vlad, I'm a final year product design student, for my degree project I'm looking at well-being in the workplace/workspace.

Currently, I'm conducting research for the project, and I would be very grateful if you could respond to these few questions.

Surveymonkey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8M9VL3R

1.Where do you work?

2. Does your workspace layout encourage social interaction?

3. Do you think, social interaction can improve your productivity and workflow?

4. In your workspace is it hard, to focus, or pay attention?

5.Do you find that your work environment can become stressful?

6. How do you relieve stress?

7. Does your workplace provide anything towards reducing stress? (if Yes, what kind of options do you have?)

8. Does your workspace have good lighting? (natural/or artificial)

9. How much is the wellbeing of employee's considered in your workplace?

10. Do you do anything to improve your wellbeing in your workplace?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,680 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Surely better off doing SurveyMonkey or something? Just makes it easier - I'll do it if you have one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Same here, its a bit public otherwise.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Would you believe it, there's a forum for surveys?!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1250

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

@MarkR Would it be okay to post there, but also keep this post on here? I'm trying to gain as many responses as possible.

I've created a surveymonkey link for those who would prefer to make it less public.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I'll be doing some research myself later this year so I'm happy to help.
    But, OP, when you ask in the first question, Where do you work? Do you expect the respondent to reply with a business name & address? I can't be the only person feeling a little uncomfortable at disclosing details from their work to God knows who.

• Advertisement

I see your concern. Just the name of company is fine. I'm sorry if anyone finds this an uncomfortable question, and if you don't feel like answering it, just skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

survey needs to be more specific, what sort of answers are you expecting to get to:

"How much is the wellbeing of employee's considered in your workplace?"

It's all way too vague, how are you going to analyse the data?

loyatemu wrote: »
    survey needs to be more specific, what sort of answers are you expecting to get to:

"How much is the wellbeing of employee's considered in your workplace?"

It's all way too vague, how are you going to analyse the data?

Sorry about that, what I mean is what kinda options does your workplace provide when it comes to employee well-being?

I'm analysing by comparing the data, comparing to my own workspace. Then creating common themes of workplaces, looking for issues, and insights.
    I want to see what is provided by different companies. It's all very broad at the moment, as I'm trying to gather as much information as possible.

I've had the opportunity to visit google to see what is done there. (google is very highly ranked in best workplaces)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

sorry, I'm just trying to be constructive having been through the pain of designing surveys in the past. The more open ended and broad they are, the less likely people are to respond and the less useful the data that you will get back. Good luck.

I understand and thank you for the feedback. The reason why I left it kind of open, is because I'm trying to gage a better answer than just yes or no.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement