Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

young family looking for house around Dundrum shopping center

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

ariel77r wrote: »
    its not about me, i can walk 50 km per day if i needed to. i care about my wife, so she could have activities with the kid. and the Dundrum shopping center is a perfect place as far as i heard.

Yes, a large marketing budget does help with that.

Personally I hate the place, but it's safe and reasonable enough if as someone has pointed out completely soulless and devoid of much community.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dani_Din

ariel77r wrote: »
    any areas that you recommend around dublin ? ( my work is in dublin )
    Whereabouts in Dublin is your work? Is it city centre? Northside/southside?my work is on the southside of dublin. 
    my work is on the southside, most of the friends i know living on dublin 4 around the canal area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Dani_Din wrote: »
    my work is on the southside, most of the friends i know living on dublin 4 around the canal area.

This is becoming nonsencical - there are two canals, one streatches from the sea and meandres all the way to Kildare. If you want help people need actual information to ge able to offer advice where exactly will your job be? .
    Saying you will walk 50km and all your friends live in Dublin in 'the canal area' is just teddybear picnic stuff. As for Dundrum and traffic it is an utter bottleneck & traffic nightmare. Not to mention that it typically rains all winter, and usually all summer here too - I doubt you will be spending all your time wandering around a park, even a nice ine like Marley Park or the many others, in the rain all day every day, or that your wife and child/children will spend every day drifting around in circles admiring uk chain shops in a busy shopping centre while wondering what the cat is up to. If you are asking for help and need concrete advice, you do need to fill in some basic blanks.

Dani_Din wrote: »

This is becoming nonsencical - there are two canals, one streatches from the sea and meandres all the way to Kildare.   If you want help people need actual information to ge able to offer advice where exactly will your job be? .
    Saying you will walk 50km and all your friends live in Dublin in 'the canal area' is just teddybear picnic stuff. As for Dundrum and traffic it is an utter bottleneck & traffic nightmare. Not to mention that it typically rains all winter, and usually all summer here too - I doubt you will be spending all your time wandering around a park, even a nice ine like Marley Park or the many others,  in the rain all day every day, or that your wife  and child/children will spend every day drifting around in circles admiring uk chain shops in  a busy shopping centre while wondering what the cat is up to. If you are asking for help and need concrete advice, you do need to fill in some basic blanks.
    sorry been needed to be more clear, they live around google.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,030 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Not to mention that it typically rains all winter, and usually all summer here too - I doubt you will be spending all your time wandering around a park, even a nice ine like Marley Park or the many others, in the rain all day every day, or that your wife and child/children will spend every day drifting around in circles admiring uk chain shops in a busy shopping centre while wondering what the cat is up to.
    More exaggeration - it really doesn't rain that often at all here.

http://irishcycle.com/myths/myths-weather/

I agree with the jist of your post, mind you. The Dundrum Centre isn't a great basis for choosing a house location. But in general, Dundrum/Ballinteer is a great location for a family - for a whole pile of reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

JustAThought - please play nice.

The OP is not from Dublin and would have no reason to know we have two canals- sarcasm at his lack of knowledge of Dublin geography is entirely uncalled for.

Regards-

The_Conductor

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nolj

Would suggest you ask your new employer to recommend a location to live based on their other employees and start with that .

nolj wrote: »
    Would suggest you ask your new employer to recommend a location to live based on their other employees and start with that .
    I was hoping to let a house before I'll start working, due to the difficulties I've read.

Advertisement