Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

viewing planes in Dublin airport

Options
  • 07-02-2017 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi, bringing my son to the airport later to collect someone and we're going to head early to see some planes. I know the locations outside the airport but is there anywhere inside where you can see planes? Obviously we're not going through departures but I have this vague memory of there being somewhere. It's from when I was a kid so I may well be wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,962 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Maybe if you post on aviation boards someone might be able to tell you.

But as far as I am aware there is nowhere outside Security to see this.

You could park up on the old airport Road where all the plane spotters go. It is just after the hotel and the Q park entrance. But you probably know this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The pub beside mc donalds is OK. It's not brilliant but I generally let my son up on the window sill to view them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

You'll have already gone and been home by now, but you'll pretty much have to be airside (through security checks) to get any decent views from inside. Best bet would be one of the viewing areas outside that you already know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tjc28

Thanks all for the suggestions. Watched the planes landing and taking off from two locations outside the airport but yeah nowhere inside to see them. There is McDonald's though so my son was happy

Advertisement