Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACL Reconstruction Costs and Waiting Times

• 07-02-2017 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello there,
    Last year I ruptured my ACL, MCL and Meniscus in a skiing accident while living in Canada. Unfortunately my Physiotherapist thought it was not completely torn. She was wrong. 
    Now I am home I am looking to get it repaired and was hoping anyone would have any idea on the average costings of this operation and the waiting times until surgery. I have called quite a few hospitals to get quite a few "don't knows" so if anyone has any recent experience or information I would massively appreciate the help!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I got ACL reconstruction surgery last year, I have VHI so thankfully they covered the cost, ill see if I can dig out the invoice that was sent to me, I think it was something like 3500€. Regarding waiting times, I had my op 1 month after deciding to go for it. You could always go public but that would involve 18 to 32 month waiting list. Good luck either way, and remember the physio afterwards is vital if you are to make a full recovery.

Advertisement