Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding relations in the UK , any suggestions

Options
  • 07-02-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions on how I could try to find some relations in the UK. I have found out that my birth mother left Ireland shortly after my birth, and I was adopted. This was back in the late 1960s

She moved to the UK and apparently married over there. (This information I got from the social worker who tried to trace her). It is possible that she actually married my birth father over there and had another child with him.

But the social worker couldn't find her, and I am guessing perhaps she may be deceased by now as it is such a long time ago. However I am thinking of trying to find any siblings or other relatives I might have. I now know my birth mother's name before marriage, but I don't know her married surname. Nor do I know her date of birth (Just a rough idea of the years). I have a rough idea of the general area of the UK she went to (Blackpool).

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on websites or databases or places I could put free adverts in the slim hope someone there might recognise that I am asking about their mother \ grandmother etc. I know it's a bit of a needle in a haystack but maybe worth asking.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi, UK BMD records are all online, Search from year of your birth forward.
    Find my past UK. Genes Reunited, Free BMD uk.
    You might need to order some certs from UK.
    i would look for marriages in your mums name, then useing the married name and maiden name look for births to that marriage and look out for family names eg her parents or sibling, they always called children after family.
    Good luck.

Advertisement