Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit

• 07-02-2017 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi

A DD is due out of my acc today and I received the txt reminder this morning saying money had to be lodged by close of business today (4pm) which is fine. However I don't get paid until tomorrow into the same bank account and had no cash to lodge today to cover the DD. My question is will thay DD go unpaid or will it leave account tomorrow if company went into account today to take it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

stargirl28 wrote: »
    Hi

A DD is due out of my acc today and I received the txt reminder this morning saying money had to be lodged by close of business today (4pm) which is fine. However I don't get paid until tomorrow into the same bank account and had no cash to lodge today to cover the DD. My question is will thay DD go unpaid or will it leave account tomorrow if company went into account today to take it?

Thanks!
    Hi stargirl28, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

Yes the direct debit will go unpaid if there are insufficient funds in your account on the day that it's due. Please contact the company directly to check when they will represent for the payment or to arrange an alternative payment. Please let us know if we can help you with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah 

Advertisement