Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save emails in "Deleted Items" section to a PST file in another drive

Options
  • 07-02-2017 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

There are a couple of big emails with attachments in the "Deleted Items". I need to save some space on my C: drive and would like to save these emails in a .PST file in D: drive.

I created a pst file and it is showing up on the bottom left in MS-Outlook. Could I just drag the emails in the deleted items to this pst file?

Any other way to save the deleted emails for future use and save space?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

TestLink wrote: »
    There are a couple of big emails with attachments in the "Deleted Items". I need to save some space on my C: drive and would like to save these emails in a .PST file in D: drive.

I created a pst file and it is showing up on the bottom left in MS-Outlook. Could I just drag the emails in the deleted items to this pst file?

Any other way to save the deleted emails for future use and save space?

Any files dragged into the .pst are saved there. As long as you created it on D: then you should be fine. The entire .pst can be backed up onto an external drive or whatever and reloaded in Outlook in future if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Don't forget you probably need to compact the original pst file after you move stuff out of it otherwise it will stay the same physical size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

my3cents wrote: »
    Don't forget you probably need to compact the original pst file after you move stuff out of it otherwise it will stay the same physical size.

I find making a new PST and copying whats left in the original into that. Is quicker than compacting and saves more space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

sorry- but i hate people who save things in their deleted items.

seriously - its your deleted items folder. if you need to save it it should not be there. <rant over>.

now, as said above you can drag and drop emails to pst file. you can store pst on removable media like usb key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I use the term "archived" for stuff I'm finished with but someone might ask about in the future, like a year or more ago.

It keeps the current PST lean.

• Advertisement
Advertisement