Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condemned House For Auction with Condemned Sign Removed

Options
  • 07-02-2017 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi,

There's a house near me that was condemned by the Fire Brigade about 6 months ago.

It's now going up for auction but the sellers have removed the laminated condemned notice that had been nailed to the door by the chief fire officer.

Is this normal or legal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

nicelives wrote: »
    Hi,

There's a house near me that was condemned by the Fire Brigade about 6 months ago.

It's now going up for auction but the sellers have removed the laminated condemned notice that had been nailed to the door by the chief fire officer.

Is this normal or legal?

Is it not fairly obvious it was fire damaged due to you know

The fire damage

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

listermint wrote: »
    Is it not fairly obvious it was fire damaged due to you know

The fire damage

Unfortunately not, more a fire danger and patched up damage from a previous fire rather than repair. To the naked eye it looks fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Call the fire officer and ask

Turtle_ wrote: »
    Call the fire officer and ask

Fair enough, was just checking to see if someone more knowledgeable had some info before.

Called the Fire Officer and apparently it is not right for someone to remove a notice put up by the Fire Officer.

And I thought you could trust estate agents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

And I thought you could trust estate agents.
    Before you start blaming the estate agent did you observe them removing it?
    Maybe the owner removed it?

Either way probably best that you formally advise the Fire Officer and the estate agent that the sign has been removed.
    Ideally by registered post.
    That way you have proof of delivery and they must reply to your letter.

• Advertisement

Before you start blaming the estate agent did you observe them removing it?
    Maybe the owner removed it?

Either way probably best that you formally advise the Fire Officer and the estate agent that the sign has been removed.
    Ideally by registered post.
    That way you have proof of delivery and they must reply to your letter.

Fair enough, didn't see who removed it. Sorry for casting dispersions on the reputation of estate agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shel64

I would assume a surveyor would find out for the buyers, unfortunatly they would have forked out around €600 for the knowledge, letting the estate agent know may help but then the seller could just change estate agents, the fire officer will know what to do, tell them

shel64 wrote: »
    I would assume a surveyor would find out for the buyers, unfortunatly they would have forked out around €600 for the knowledge, letting the estate agent know may help but then the seller could just change estate agents, the fire officer will know what to do, tell them

Very good point, terrible waste of money for potential buyers. The fire officer knows as of today and she's taking action so all good.

Was originally just looking for info as to whether it was normal or not, apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Is this one of the Allsop auction properties by any chance?

Advertisement