Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre bb but terrible speeds

Options
  • 07-02-2017 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭

Got connected to fibre broadband today but speeds are very poor. Engineer that reconnected my landline etc (was dormant for years) said this was because i hadnt a specific address or active phone number but now that i have, eir will boost speeds. So, do i contact tech support or who?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

Got connected to fibre broadband today but speeds are very poor. Engineer that reconnected my landline etc (was dormant for years) said this was because i hadnt a specific address or active phone number but now that i have, eir will boost speeds. So, do i contact tech support or who?
    Easiest bet is to ring tech support, as they can boost the speed, but other times they will just put you on to billing to change a plan (If necessary, as some plans are obviously limited speed "Up to 25mb etc"). I doubt you will have to change a plan though since you're already on fibre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi  Coillte_Bhoy,

Thanks for getting in touch. After installation it can take 24-48 hours for your line and speed to stabilise. If you are still experiencing then I would recommend contacting technical support. You can contact them on 1890260260, freephone 1901 option 2 or chat via the web chat here.

- Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Got on to support via web chat and they said they would boost speeds but no noticeable difference since they did. Still averaging around 6/7 mbps

Got on to support via web chat and they said they would boost speeds but no noticeable difference since they did. Still averaging around 6/7 mbps
    I'm sorry to hear this  Coillte_Bhoy. Has it improved?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

-Pamela 
    Ya, everything fine now, thanks

• Advertisement

-Pamela 
    Ya, everything fine now, thanks
    No problem Coillte_Bhoy, thanks for letting me know.:D

Thanks,
    Pamela

Advertisement