Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Concert Hall, Dublin - parking tips

• 07-02-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭

Heading up tomorrow from south to the Concert Hall on Earlsfort Terrace, the gala begins at 8pm. I'd need some advice on approach and parking. I don't want to be late, want to be in the building by half 7 and avoid traffic.
    What kind of traffic is expected?
    Better to park at Red Cow and use the Luas?
    Can I use any back roads?

If I had time could have used the bus but it'll be late and the week doesn't end on Wednesday for us. :-(

Thanks for your tips! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Where are you coming from?

Red Luas line not a lot of use unless you fancy a walk from O'Connell St to Earlsfort Tce - about 20 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Coming from KK HeidiHeidi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You'll be going against the rush-hour traffic, so while it won't be super-quick, it shouldn't be too bad.

Simplest way would be this https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/The+Black+Horse+Inn,+Tyrconnell+Road,+Inchicore,+Dublin/The+National+Concert+Hall,+Earlsfort+Terrace/@53.3348747,-6.3255227,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x48670cf46f33d577:0xa33fe8e338a0b9f8!2m2!1d-6.3278259!2d53.3345882!1m5!1m1!1s0x48670e98a5e462ef:0xd1a726d811019f22!2m2!1d-6.2590995!2d53.3348872
    All the way in the Naas Road, and then follow the canal all the way down to Leeson St bridge, turn left towards town and then onto Earlsfort Terrace. There are roadworks at Harold's Cross bridge at the moment which slow things up a bit, but again shouldn't be too bad if you're against the rush-hour.

Just make sure to leave plenty of time if you can. There's loads of on-street parking around the area - on Stephen's Green, Hatch Street, Adelaide Road, and if you get up early enough I think (open to correction but I'm sure I remember enquiring and getting told) parking in the concert hall carpark is first-come-first-served and free! If you do park on-street, MAKE SURE TO LOOK AT THE SIGNS and know when you've to pay until - every street differs, and the clampers are like vultures around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

if you want secure car parking just park in the Stephens green car park, it is only 6 euro after 5:30 in the evening until next morning. I know there is on street parking around the concert hall but if you are more security concerned then park there, only 10min walk from car park to concert hall. As was said ready signs on when you can or cant park on the street, if you are parked illegally you will be clamped around that area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Thanks for your tips, much appreciated, hopefully is going to go well with these infos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭geotrig

whats the area like on a saturday ? sorry about jumping in on your thread padyjoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

You can park in the Conrad Hotel across the road. Very handy.

Advertisement