Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud backup size

Options
  • 07-02-2017 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB.

I notice that the backup size is 2GB.

This seems quite high.

Anyone else notice that the size of their backup is getting bigger?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Everyone's backup is going to be a different size due to what content is being backed up. (Messages, photos, app data etc)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi,

I have the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB.

I notice that the backup size is 2GB.

This seems quite high.

Anyone else notice that the size of their backup is getting bigger?

My back up is over 4gb due to photos etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

My backup is only 1.4gb but I have 16gb photos and vids in iCloud Photo Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I posted as it seems high.

I know there have been issues with the incorrect back up size.

I deleted the back up and backed up again with no changes and the size reduced to 1.84GB.

What I don't understand is the "next back up size" where it says "68.6MB".

I'd love to know what the 1.84GB is made up of as the photo library is backed up separately and occupies a much greater on line space that I'm paying extra for.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

You can check exactly what is getting backed up in iCloud settings on your phone. 2GB isn't really very high seeing as Apple offer 5GB free iCloud storage. If you want to cut down on that backup size you can turn off certain things backing up like notes, messages, reminders etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I posted as it seems high.

I know there have been issues with the incorrect back up size.

I deleted the back up and backed up again with no changes and the size reduced to 1.84GB.

What I don't understand is the "next back up size" where it says "68.6MB".

I'd love to know what the 1.84GB is made up of as the photo library is backed up separately and occupies a much greater on line space that I'm paying extra for.
    That just means the next tile you backup that it will be 68.6mb bigger.

Advertisement