Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elimination Chamber 2017 *Smackdown spoilers*

Options
  • 07-02-2017 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭

February 12th (Wait this Sunday) from Phoenix, Arizona

Chamber Match for Strap: Cena (c) v Styles v Wyatt v Corbin v Miz v Ambrose

Nikki Bella v Nattie

Tag Team Turmoil for Tag Titles : American Alpha (Chad Gable and Jason Jordan) (c) vs. Heath Slater and Rhyno vs. Breezango (Fandango and Tyler Breeze) vs. The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) vs. The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor) vs. The Vaudevillains (Aiden English and Simon Gotch)

Women's Title: Alexa Bliss v Naomi

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How will tag team turmoil work?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Elimination_Chamber_2017.jpg

Card for the PPV

ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
    John Cena (c) vs. AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt, Baron Corbin, The Miz, Dean Ambrose

TAG TEAM TURMOIL FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM TITLES
    American Alpha (c) vs. The Ascension vs. Heath Slater & Rhyno vs. The Vaudevillains vs. Breezango vs. The Usos

SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S TITLE MATCH
    Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Naomi

Natalya vs. Nikki Bella

Becky Lynch vs. Mickie James

Oh well this is awkward? Thought there wasn't an Elimination Chamber thread, and lo and behold here it is.

Can a mod delete the one I started.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DM_7 wrote: »

My guess is that AA got thru until the end when either

a) The Uso's win by cheating

b) The Revival debut

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tag team turmoil is going to a complete cluster fcuk.

• Advertisement

Tag team turmoil is going to a complete cluster fcuk.

I can see AA run through all the teams , minus the Uso's fairly quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

paulie21 wrote: »
    February 12th (Wait this Sunday) from Phoenix, Arizona

Nikki Bella v Nattie

Tag Team Turmoil for Tag Titles : American Alpha (Chad Gable and Jason Jordan) (c) vs. Heath Slater and Rhyno vs. Breezango (Fandango and Tyler Breeze) vs. The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) vs. The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor) vs. The Vaudevillains (Aiden English and Simon Gotch)

A PPV view with 4 matches inc two womens matches!!!! or is this just the Smackdown portion of the card

brinty wrote: »
    A PPV view with 4 matches inc two womens matches!!!! or is this just the Smackdown portion of the card

Just a portion. I bet there will be 3 female matches after last night (havent watched yet) Id also guess Harper v Orton as well as Crews v Ziggler

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

full card

Nikki Bella v Nattie

Becky Lynch vs Mickie James

Apollo Crews & Kalisto vs Dolph Ziggler

Luke Harper vs Randy Orton

World Title match, Becky vs Mickie James and Harper vs Orton the standouts. 2 on 1 handicap match could be good but dolph will prob run riot with his chair, other matches meh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brinty wrote: »

Looks to be SD only ppv

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM_7 wrote: »

Not sure if this is what you mean, but...

Two teams start. When one team gets beaten, they leave and another comes in. Keep going till all teams have come out and fought.

I'm kind of hoping AA run through everyone, think they've won and then BAM! Revival.

I'd be surprised if Orton/Harper doesn't get added at some point. I'd presume one of those women's matches will be pre-showed.

Chamber should be great, given people involved. Just wish it didn't look so, so painfully obvious who's winning...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So only 1 chamber match?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So only 1 chamber match?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Ziggler match and Nikki/Nattie will be preshow.

Not a lot on the card interests me, to be honest. Chamber match, Becky and maybe Harper/Orton.
    Harper has to show what he can do as a singles guy now if he'd going to have a decent run and become a contender. And he has to look good while losing. He'll probably tidy himself up as well, though don;' know when

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

With such a thin PPV card (so many of the upper card talents in the one match) they absolutely need to do something with the tag match to make it notable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Three womens singles matches, each with their own story.

Certainly progress.

It'd be very hard for them to do, but I'd love to see the women have matches in a smaller ring, certainly one with shorter ropes.

Would make it much easier for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone think Erik Rowan will interfere In the EC match and help bray win the title ?? He will also attack Harper who trys to cost bray the match

Mania we have Harper vs Erik Rowan and Orton vs Wyatt

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just realised this was on tonight I have said it before and I'll say it again it's PPV overkill right now from the WWE.

I can't be arsed watching it live, college stuff taking priority right now, so I'll just read through here tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement

Will watch tomorrow evening. Like you, I forgot clean about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I can't be arsed watching it live, college stuff taking priority right now, so I'll just read through here tomorrow morning.

Same here, but I'll make an hour somewhere tomorrow for the Elimination Chamber itself, could go a couple of ways

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I just....can't do a PPV every 2 weeks. It's asking too much! On top of 5 hours of RAW/SD!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Think they could do us all a favour and stick the chamber match on first, only thing worth watching on this PPV unless the Revival decide to make an appearence in the tag match.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Not watching any of the TV makes these PPVs a breeze. Every couple of weeks I get to enjoy what is usually a pretty decent WWE show.

You think the returning Mickie will get the win to show she was worth bringing back or will Becky get the win? I hope if Becky loses that it's due to shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I won't be watching live either. I think 2 events between Rumble and Mania is 1 too many.

I am curious what happens in the Ziggler handicap match which may be the worst booked storyline of the year so far. Will the heel overcome the odds and beat the two babyfaces - burying them both in the process - or will the two babyfaces prevail, doing absolutely nothing for them in the process? Fascinating.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hopefully Apollo goes heel and teams up with Dolph. They could be brilliant v Gable and Jordan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

paddy power odds

FFS man, there's a betting thread could you not have kept odds in there? They're usually right and seeing this is bloody annoying

Mod Edit: removed betting odds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Orton was 1/25 to win the Rumble a few hours before it started so they're definitely spot on.

Advertisement