Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elimination Chamber 2017 *Smackdown spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lads spoiler tags on odds, some of us like the surprise/not knowing element.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going by the prediction thread, Mojo's fighting Hawkins? How is that not the main event?

I agree on the betting odds. The Orton odds were posted in the Rumble thread to let everyone know he was favourite to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So only 1 chamber match?

Yeah, and it's far better that way too. It's nice to see that WWE's finally taking care to avoid overusing their novelty match concepts. Makes them more exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Apologies won't ever post in thread again unsubsidised.

Be like that if you want but the odds are a clear indicator of who's going to win, it's why I stayed offline completely from the Tuesday before the Rumble and with good reason too, thought it would be safe since there's feck all interest in this event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Spoilers below:
    Biggest surprise is Naomi winning the belt I guess?

Winners:
    Bray Wyatt, American Alpha, Naomi, Randy Orton, Becky Lynch, Kalisto/Crews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

FFS man, there's a betting thread could you not have kept odds in there? They're usually right and seeing this is bloody annoying

Don't quote me then moan just ask me to delete it am sick of the backseat modify in the very infrequent times I do post on here, I am done with the wrestling forum thanks for ruining a long time posters experience.

Don't quote me then moan just ask me to delete it am sick of the backseat modify in the very infrequent times I do post on here, I am done with the wrestling forum thanks for ruining a long time posters experience.

So I'm not allowed tell you that you may have just ruined the main event for me and probably several others? You could obviously see from the ridiculous odds that it's clear indicator of what's going to happen, you could have just shown a bit more consideration for others since it's such an indicator

So I'm not allowed tell you that you may have just ruined the main event for me and probably several others? You could obviously see from the ridiculous odds that it's clear indicator of what's going to happen, you could have just shown a bit more consideration for others since it's such an indicator

Are betting odds really that accurate?

Infernum wrote: »
    Are betting odds really that accurate?

Have a look at the odds yourself and then ask yourself that question when the event is over

Have a look at the odds yourself and then ask yourself that question when the event is over

Will do. Some of them line up with my predictions so it'll be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The odds aren't always 100 per cent. Often they will throw in a result that people didn't see coming. I wouldn't be shocked if Vince books a Cena win since many expect a different outcome - then have Cena drop the title in a week or two.

I've no issue with someone posting the odds. I would have thought it was obvious who the favourite was considering who they have had Orton feuding with the last few months, plus the fact they gave away Cena and Orton for free on TV - with a finish. You don't need to be Paddy Power to work it out.

The odds aren't always 100 per cent. Often they will throw in a result that people didn't see coming. I wouldn't be shocked if Vince books a Cena win since many expect a different outcome - then have Cena drop the title in a week or two.

I've no issue with someone posting the odds. I would have thought it was obvious who the favourite was considering who they have had Orton feuding with the last few months, plus the fact they gave away Cena and Orton for free on TV - with a finish. You don't need to be Paddy Power to work it out.

Yeah, it kinda became obvious immediately after the Rumble that they were building up to an Orton/Wyatt feud. I wouldn't be surprised if they turned it into a triple threat with Luke Harper for the WWE Championship at Mania and he ended up winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mod note: Please don't post betting odds outside of the betting thread. Even if storylines may be heading that way, odds are usually pretty accurate and so is crummy to see ahead of the event.

Betting thread: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056587637/

I didn't know the OSW guy moderated this board. Pretty cool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh hey, new EC design? Looks more square than I remember (unless it looked like that last time and I just blanked on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'm not complaining about Becky's outfit but I'm really not sure about it.

Pretty good opener, fairly solid work, shame about the positioning off the bump from the Mick Kick kinda spoiled that false finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm not complaining about Becky's outfit but I'm really not sure about it.

Yeah at this stage she surely should have standard ring gear. She seems to change it slightly all the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

RIP those panels.

Pretty crap match really. Nice for Kalisto to overcome the odds to win a handicap match (it's impossible to buy the "he has heart" stuff when it's 2 on 1 in his favour).

Okay, I love the crowd chanting "1 more time" for Dolph to wreck Apollo's ankle. It makes sense too, the crowd have no reason to cheer Apollo. He was brought up with no character, and in all the time he's been on the main roster he still hasn't progressed past "smiles a lot".

• Advertisement

Disaster segment. "Thank you Ziggler" after shooting an injury angle sums up that feud and how ill-prepared Apollo is for the main roster. Could certainly have done with being in NXT longer, establishing a character and getting over with that audience and creating some buzz about himself.

I will be shocked if Ascension are the actual last team.

Edit: That was bad. Just bad.

The finish made Ascension look so stupid (which is par for the course of their main roster run). Jordan and Gablw are beaten up, so Ascension slowly work over Jordan until Gable is sufficiently recovered to win the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭colmufc

And now I'm off to bed
    Niki has improved so much in the last few matches she's had and it's a shame she seems to be stepping away after mania but bed time as mattie will only have me falling asleep on the couch

The finish made Ascension look so stupid (which is par for the course of their main roster run). Jordan and Gablw are beaten up, so Ascension slowly work over Jordan until Gable is sufficiently recovered to win the match?
    When Ascension didn't win immediately, I knew that AA were going to have a comeback win. At first I'd thought Ascension would win and start celebrating, only to be told there's one other team, and then we'd get a debut or return or something. Instead, we got bad team looks almost impossibly stupid for being unable to put away a severely weakened team.

That was bad. Dull and just a series of moves without anything linking them together and then the awful finish too.

I thought the match wasn't that bad, but the ending was just awful and did nothing for anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Theres something just not clicking with the matches tonight

This has been the best one so far, but that's no great achievement really.

• Advertisement

It was good, though pretty funny hearing a crowd chant "this is awesome" for a match that, at most, is ***1/2

Advertisement