Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elimination Chamber 2017 *Smackdown spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I don't get Randy Orton. If that makes me some kind of wrestling illiterate then fine. He does absolutely nothing for me. He always gets big reactions from crowds. People in the business seem to think He's a genius. He's just not for me I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Also would Gladly have tom Phillips replace mauro on commentary. Really don't know what people see in his commentary

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Urgh. Wanted Bliss to retain there.

Can see aj doing something insane tonight

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Small thing, but it bugs me that the IC title didn't have a defence tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Love the new chamber, looks very slick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

martyos121 wrote: »
    Love the new chamber, looks very slick.

Not Gone on it myself. Pods look smaller and they have replaced the outside of the ring with rubber mats.

The camera work in this match feels really weird. The cameras in the pods aren't really helping that either.

I understand why they changed the chamber. It was actually idiotic how much it hurt to bump on the outside of the old one. But that was the whole point.

So, we're getting Dean vs. Baron, Miz/Maryse vs. Cena/Nikki, Shane vs AJ (probably), and Orton vs. Wyatt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We all knew who was winning that but it's still nice to see Wyatt get the title. Very interesting dynamic now between him and Orton, creative probably have a great feud drawn up hence their match having the WWE Title at stake, that's how it should work anyway.

That was fantastic. That wacky sh*t fired me up so much more than Suzuki/Okada or Elgin/Naito. I think I might only watch Chamber matches from now on.

Overall I guess that show just felt mediocre. I still think these shows are suffering by being far too close together giving us no time for a proper build.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Extremely pointless to have Cena get a 2 weeks title run after tying the record. Guess he'd needed the ego trip of getting a win over Styles

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Chamber match was good imo, but the very obvious outcome did take away from it a bit. I liked the new deisgn, except for the fact the ground outside the ring was neutered; like, I understand why they did that from a safety point of view, but that means they shouldn't be billing landings outside the ring as a big deal any more.

I'll reiterate what I've said before; I'm really not looking forward to Mania. Much like Brock/Goldberg, I really don't think Orton/Bray needs the title involved. Their story has been so well built over the last few months that the title really isn't the focus of it. When stories have multi-month builds for Mania, the title doesn't add much. Now, I will say...at least the title is used as the explanation for why Orton/Bray will clash at long last, as opposed to Brock/Goldberg where the title is an afterthought. But still, I'd really have rathered AJ went in as champ. Instead, he's going to get a rushed story now and will probably have to bump and sell for someone a quarter his skill level.

Dean vs Corbin should be interesting. I presume it will actually be Miz/Nattie (due to the fatc they made it clear she isn't done with Nikki) vs Cena/Nikki...which I can't help but feel is several levels below Cena tbh.

Not much else to say really. Every other match was utterly forgettable and did nothing to further anyone really, bar Naomi. A really skipable PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I didn't watch the PPV as I decided to go to bed, but i'm pretty happy with the results. Happy to see Becky Lynch get a victory over Mickie James. I think she deserved it more tbh. Also happy to see Bray Wyatt win the WWE Championship finally. I'm a fan of Wyatt and thought it was well overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Had the result of the chamber spoiled by a mate who thought I was staying up for it but no suprise anyway , so watching it now ro see how it went down but I hate the square chamber and the mats on the inside take away so much from it also the opening at the top being that big is stupid , brays entrance was great going around to the others penned in looked awesome , I'm not a fan of miz in ring ability but he's a damm good actor , the chamber is alot taller also

Delighted for bray shame it won't be for a good run
    I get now why the chamber is square and it looked awesome about the pods especially when aj took that hard knock on the head
    I also like the blue lights all the way up the outside of each chamber
    Miz looked awesome (😜) doing the daniel bryan stuff but cena was disgraceful and just hurts any cred he builds up when he caught miz and kinds smirked like he was a nobody and then let go of his leg at 2 in the count making miz look weak

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh, Miz. That was my other annoyance.

Miz took one move before his elimination. One! That freaked me out, big time. One AA and he was dead :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh, Miz. That was my other annoyance.

Miz took one move before his elimination. One! That freaked me out, big time. One AA and he was dead :(

Exactly, that and a terrible royal rumble has pushed him back down again , what was the point of any of it and if it's really leading to a cena fued the he should have either pinned cena or come close , if it was bray v miz in the final 2 then it may have had a bit of suspense

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Chamber match was good imo, but the very obvious outcome did take away from it a bit. I liked the new deisgn, except for the fact the ground outside the ring was neutered; like, I understand why they did that from a safety point of view, but that means they shouldn't be billing landings outside the ring as a big deal any more.

I'll reiterate what I've said before; I'm really not looking forward to Mania. Much like Brock/Goldberg, I really don't think Orton/Bray needs the title involved. Their story has been so well built over the last few months that the title really isn't the focus of it. When stories have multi-month builds for Mania, the title doesn't add much. Now, I will say...at least the title is used as the explanation for why Orton/Bray will clash at long last, as opposed to Brock/Goldberg where the title is an afterthought. But still, I'd really have rathered AJ went in as champ. Instead, he's going to get a rushed story now and will probably have to bump and sell for someone a quarter his skill level.

Dean vs Corbin should be interesting. I presume it will actually be Miz/Nattie (due to the fatc they made it clear she isn't done with Nikki) vs Cena/Nikki...which I can't help but feel is several levels below Cena tbh.

Not much else to say really. Every other match was utterly forgettable and did nothing to further anyone really, bar Naomi. A really skipable PPV.

I was thinking Miz/Maryse because during the backstage brawl between Nattie and Nikki (not like we haven't had that before), Maryse got hit and ended up covered in that white powder stuff.

But yeah, overall the PPV wasn't *bad*, but there was also nothing really good about it either so it feels like there's no real point to it.

https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/830940316098191360

favourite moment of the night :pac:

love that he tried to take the cameraman down with him

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Apparently a lot of these NBA and NHL arenas in the States are starting to fit big jumbo trons from the centre of the arena ceiling.

I was reading that this is another reason why the chamber was changed. It isn't possible to hang the big circular original anymore in arenas with these large trons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

sky88 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/830940316098191360

favourite moment of the night :pac:

love that he tried to take the cameraman down with him

Tripp Bradshaw rides again!

Apparently a lot of these NBA and NHL arenas in the States are starting to fit big jumbo trons from the centre of the arena ceiling.

I was reading that this is another reason why the chamber was changed. It isn't possible to hang the big circular original anymore in arenas with these large trons.

Think Stephanie said this in an interview that the old chamber isnt easy to get into the newer buildings

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Really surprised Naomi won. Think it's a good move though, no harm having a surprise title winner and the crowd really seemed to like it. Saw she was the huge favourite in the betting odds but I just assumed it would be by countout/DQ.

Someone mentioned it on Reddit, thought it was a cool idea. Instead of custom sideplates, she should get a glow in the dark title.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

J. Marston wrote: »
    Really surprised Naomi won. Think it's a good move though, no harm having a surprise title winner and the crowd really seemed to like it. Saw she was the huge favourite in the betting odds but I just assumed it would be by countout/DQ.

Someone mentioned it on Reddit, thought it was a cool idea. Instead of custom sideplates, she should get a glow in the dark title.

Also, Wrestlemania is in her home town. Local radio stations etc will want her on. So it's a timed win more than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The amount of times they caught wrestlers on camera calling the next spots in the chamber match itself was ridiculous!

The amount of times they caught wrestlers on camera calling the next spots in the chamber match itself was ridiculous!

was actually watching wrestlemania triple threat match womens match and near the end of the match as clear as day you can hear becky tell charlotte to roll away.

didnt notice it last night but i was wrecked so wouldn't have spotted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

There's no real hope Wyatt will actually get a decent run is there?..

I get the feeling he's just Orton fodder for mania?..

Advertisement