Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastlane 2017 *Raw spoilers*

Options
  • 07-02-2017 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭

March 5th from Milwaukee

Kevin Owens v Goldberg for Universal Title

Reigns v Strowman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Cruiserweight Championship

Neville vs To Be Determined

Tonight's main event on 205 Live features a Fatal Five Way with the winner becoming number one contender. The participants are

Cedric Alexander
    Tony Nese
    TJ Perkins
    Noam Dar
    Jack Gallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope KO retains

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

My fear with the KO / Goldberg match is that it'll be another quick squash. I'm sure they don't want the risk of Goldberg getting injured ahead of Mania.

Though I would love to see Kevin Owens hit him with a few sentons, pop up powerbombs etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Goldberg/Owens 100% will be a quick squash match. Thats the entire point of Goldberg's character, and if they want to maintain the "can Brock beat him" shtick, they need him to plow through Owens in under 2 minutes (especially since Owens is not on Brock's level).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Goldberg/Owens 100% will be a quick squash match. Thats the entire point of Goldberg's character, and if they want to maintain the "can Brock beat him" shtick, they need him to plow through Owens in under 2 minutes (especially since Owens is not on Brock's level).

Shenanigans will play their part and feel Jericho will get involved, something like his music hits which distracts Owens who turns back around into a spear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Shenanigans will play their part and feel Jericho will get involved, something like his music hits which distracts Owens who turns back around into a spear.

i think thats the exact thing that will happen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Would be good if Brock cost Goldberg so Owens could stay champion going into Mania.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM_7 wrote: »
    Would be good if Brock cost Goldberg so Owens could stay champion going into Mania.

I'd love that, as I think Owens/Jericho deserve the title match given how they've carried the show in recent months.

But I think Owens drops the title, and the two then move into a feud for the US title at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Big question is what happens with the US title after Mania? Is Owens fed to Braun or will Braun be pushing for the Universal title, does Owens move down to mid card to feud with guys like Sheamus and Caesaro or could he feud with someone like a returning Seth Rollins or Samoa Joe for the US title

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Actually if the rumours of taker/reigns are true you wonder what braun is going to do at mania. seems a waste to have him in the battle royal.

• Advertisement

Big question is what happens with the US title after Mania? Is Owens fed to Braun or will Braun be pushing for the Universal title, does Owens move down to mid card to feud with guys like Sheamus and Caesaro or could he feud with someone like a returning Seth Rollins or Samoa Joe for the US title

Is the "30 day" title defence rule gone?

I'd prefer Lesnar cost Goldberg the match and after when KO is celebrating have Y2J attack

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I can the title match going like this

Ko and Goldberg will be in the ring and the bell rings suddenly Jericho's music hits and KO looks at the ramp but he doesn't appear. GB then spears KO and Jackhammers him and pins him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Kevin Owens is worth a follow on Twitter, he tweeted this in response to Goldberg.

16996076_1349766005061845_7725402479666120621_n.jpg?oh=97bff509c6b694e5c3cbba8bf38e0cd9&oe=593460AB

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If they could get rid of comedy KO and have him go over Goldberg clean they really could have monster heel champion on there hands.

The comedy Shtick doesn't do KO any favours as World Champion that's ok as a midcarder.

I want my Champion either hugely over babyface who fought the odds or a monster heel who destroys everyone in his way by any means necessary.

I hate the whole tweener culture in wrestling when it comes to Champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The comedy shcitck would be okay if they allowed him to turn into a wrestling machine when in a match

Never did Kurt Angle any harm down the years being a goof and then turning it on when the bell rings

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The comedy shcitck would be okay if they allowed him to turn into a wrestling machine when in a match

Never did Kurt Angle any harm down the years being a goof and then turning it on when the bell rings
    Ah the comedy stuff with kurt and stone cold in the summer of 2001 was utter comedy GOLD. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I hope Sasha turns on Bayley. Her character is very stale as a babyface.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I hope Sasha turns on Bayley. Her character is very stale as a babyface.

I'd say that's guaranteed. Sasha as a face is bland, plus when she's being surly in public she can pretend she's in character!

Heel Sasha > Face Sasha.

• Advertisement

The ironic thing about turning Sasha heel is if they play her like the heel she was in NXT she'll get more of a positive reaction than she does now

She'll be a cool heel ala Kevin Owens/Y2J, and if she's the one to face Bayley I hope they're prepared for that reaction

The ppv card:-

WWE Universal Title Match
    Bill Goldberg vs. Kevin Owens

RAW Women’s Title Match
    Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
    Jack Gallagher vs. Neville

RAW Tag Team Title Match
    Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson

Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A couple to add

WWE Universal Title Match
    Bill Goldberg vs. Kevin Owens

RAW Women’s Title Match
    Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
    Jack Gallagher vs. Neville

RAW Tag Team Title Match
    Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson

Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns

Sami Zayn vs. Samoa Joe

Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

Pre-show: Akira Tozawa and Rich Swann vs Brian Kendrick and Noam Dar (w/Alicia Fooooooooooooooooox)

Actually some solid matches there but ME is pointing towards a Goldberg win thanks too y2j

I know it's unlikely but if he was to do it, even due to interference by Lesnar, a win over Goldberg could be the making of KO as a true main eventer

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

DQ result? So belt stays on Owens without going over Goldberg

Bill Goldberg who hasn't taken a bump since 2004, and winning the Universal Championship on Sunday, it's sickening to me. Then Lesnar eventually winning the title at Mania is more of a sickener. Lesnar/Goldebrg III doesn't need/shouldn't have to be a Championship match.

RAW's Wrestlemania main event should be Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho for the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭bren2001

What seems logical to me is for Jericho/HHH to interfere backstage/during the walk on which "tires" Goldberg out. Owens then beats him and it feeds into the outlasting, out-thinking speech from last week.

This gives Lesnar hope for WM, all he has to do is survive the first 2-3 minutes and the tide shifts in his favor.

Jericho comes out saying "see man? I always have your back" for KO to turn on him again and continues the WM story-line.

Of course, Goldberg will just win clean.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Of course, Goldberg will just win clean.

It'll be such a shame because KO has been perfect since turning on Y2J, it would save his dire title run from being a footnote and could be the making of a guy who'll be around for 10 years not 10 weeks

• Advertisement

ME could go a few ways

1 Brock too attack Goldberg before the match begins and KO pins him too retain

2 Y2J attacks KO and Goldberg does his 2 moves and wins

3 no one interferes and Goldberg just does his 2 moves and pins KO for the win

4 someone's music comes on to distract one of them and someone wins with a roll up pin

Advertisement