Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastlane 2017 *Raw spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Ye, veey slow first 2 thirds of that match. Like practically all Reigns matches it seemed like a collection of moves thrown together with nothing linking them together or not narrative purpose to them. Heates up in the final third. ***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Gonna be a ****show of an ending I'd say..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭kittyeater102

There's no way Owens v Goldberg is going more than a couple of minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

ok I did not expect that. main event next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I didnt expect Sahsa to not turn on Bayley. Raw tomorrrow night so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

This is a bit of a joke with Owens just wandering around outside the ring for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ah here..

Goldberg in 2017 must be the most limited champion of a major company since David Arquette.

Goldberg in 2017 must be the most limited champion of a major company since David Arquette.

The_Great_Khali_bio.jpg

One of the reasons wrestling beame a work was so much much anticipated matches would last a satisfactory amount of time.

• Advertisement

Jericho's new jacket was the highlight of the main event

The_Great_Khali_bio.jpg

Not convinced at all that Goldberg is less limited than Khali. He's had 2 matches since returning, he can apparently only 2 do moves without blowing up, a kid in their first week of wrestling school would be a less limited champion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭kittyeater102

Why would the ref ring the bell when Owens has his back turned anyway? Such a **** show overall. Women's title match booked to make bayley look like a heel and Charlotte a face and the momentum of jaxx and Strowman is now dead in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The difference in booking the raw and smack down sides would make you think there two different companies.

Just some terrible decsions that has made everything look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote:
    The difference in booking the raw and smack down sides would make you think there two different companies.

Not really. Smackdown has had 3 matches to determine who takes on Bray Wyatt after the Rumble winner decided against it then changed his mind after burning down his old shack, which was funny rather than serious.
    Nikki Bella got hit 5 times with a pipe but is fine the next week. Styles got beat several times by a short run comedy act & despite being head and shoulders above anyone on the roster is currently booked to work with Shane McMahon. Dolph Ziggler may be the most shoddy booked heel run in some time.
    Both shows mid tier titles are irrelevant, the women's divisions are going around in circles & the tag scene is dying on both shows.
    I watch both every week & I don't see much of a drastic difference others claim bar the missing hour of filler which is filled with talents going nowhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its not that I thought it was a bad show. Just....I was bored. I knew what was happening in 90% of the matches before hand, and while I'm not advocating shocks for the sake of shocks, there was nothing on this show I NEEDED to see, really.

I've had my Network subscription since it came out, but I think this was the moment I realised I don't need to pay €12 a month for what amounts to 30 minutes of shows....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Ah man...I was expecting them to give goldberg at least a 5 minute match...that was pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

ERG89 wrote: »
    sky88 wrote:

Not really. Smackdown has had 3 matches to determine who takes on Bray Wyatt after the Rumble winner decided against it then changed his mind after burning down his old shack, which was funny rather than serious.
    Nikki Bella got hit 5 times with a pipe  but is fine the next week. Styles got beat several times by a short run comedy act  & despite being head and shoulders above anyone on the roster is currently booked to work with Shane McMahon. Dolph Ziggler may be the most shoddy booked heel run in some time.
    Both shows mid tier titles are irrelevant, the women's divisions are going around in circles & the tag scene is dying on both shows.
    I watch both every week & I don't see much of a drastic difference others claim bar the missing hour of filler which is filled with talents going nowhere.
    Raw also has overpowered part-time wrestlers who cannot befoul themselves by having matches on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Highlight of the show...

https://streamable.com/lg4vm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Please let Orton v Wyatt be the main event, please

But I know they'll go with Brock v Goldberg obviously, maybe even Taker v Reigns

It's mad how Goldberg hasn't taken a bump since returning, been in matches for ~5 minutes and will now get the Wrestlemania main event

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Highlight of the show...

What did I miss...why was Big E acting drunk? I felt the punch line should have been the Ice Cream mix they were experimenting with was off, but I don't remember a punchline coming?

Anyway, saw this comment on Reddit and thought there's a lot of truth to it...

I thought I understood what they were going for. I had predicted Goldberg was going to beat Kevin Owens for the title since the second he beat Brock. I was fine with it.

But the way he won changes everything.

The storyline is no longer that Goldberg has Brock Lesnar's number. The storyline is that Goldberg fresh off the couch after 15 years is literally better than everyone in WWE.

That's ****ed up. I have no idea how or why they did that in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

J. Marston wrote: »
    Highlight of the show...

That is the moment I turned it off and went to bed.

Oh, and one other thing...

I know its cool to hate on Reigns, and I get it, he's Vince's guy, etc. Whatever. He's actually able to put on decent matches, and while I'm not happy he beat Brawn clean, I'm desensitized to Reigns killing monsters now.

But I wish the commentary team wouldn't keep acting shocked when Reigns wins; they called the result like it was some major upset. Bitch, please. Reigns plows through 90% of the competition. No one believes he's the underdog, so stop calling him one!

Brawn losing to a top level guy is nothing that will hurt him, long term. Reigns is a main eventer who has beaten many, many top guys. Tell THAT story; Brawn is strong and scary, but inexperienced. He still needs to learn.

Having Brawn lose to an underdog, from a storytelling perspective, makes it look like Brawn ****ed up, and makes him look worse.

Roman is a tough SOB. Tell us that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think there just so driven to have roman as the guy there almost forgetting about anyone else who comes up against him. hes been booked stronger than cena was early into his push.

Roman is very good in the ring and i think hell be great soon enough but there killing him with the booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I just watched the show there. The days of me staying up to watch WWE are over outside of the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.

The whole show was very poor,
    Starting from the end...

Goldberg beats KO in about 2 secs.I was never a Goldberg fan as I never watched much of WCW but this is awful.Makes KO look like a chump in just being distracted by entrance music. That is so lame.At least have Jericho do something or Lesnar interfere. Something, anything to protect KO if you want him to drop the title.

I knew Bailey would win as Charlottes wins are reserved for PPVs. She will have this record for years. Trying to build a legacy for her already. An ok match.

Strowman v Reigns went exactly as I thought. "Roman prevails against the monster" Can't believe he beat him clean. I love Strowman though. Roman can put on an ok match but will always be a bit limited.Hate those white on his boots. Looked like he was in slippers!!

New Day is just wrestlecrap now. Don't like their "antics" anymore. They have ran their course. Should have broken them up a while back and then we would be looking forward to seeing them back together. But of course WWE keep running them into the ground.

Loved Heymans promo!

Not interested at all in the cruiserweights. Just fast forward through their segments. I think they should be scrapped even though they won't be.

I don't like WWEs compartmentalisation.Here are the cruiserweights! Here are the women! Here is the comedy segment! Why can't they all interact with each other? Obviously we cannot have the women getting beat up by the guys or vice versa anymore but it would shake things up. Maybe a cruiserweight gang takes on Roman. It would feel like anything can happen like the old days.

All the stuff before Heymans promo felt like a poor Raw. Jinder,Cesaro,Nia,Sasha, Zayn ......All the usual guys/gals making up the numbers. Joe at least is still building to something.

The whole thing was just meh. If you didn't see it you didn't miss anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Few things I didn't understand/like about Fastlane:

1. The main one, Goldberg. I knew it was happening, I thought I had no problem with it happening either. But then you have Owens scared to get in the ring (play it as mindgames all you want, and Byron or whoever laughably tried to claim it was to tire Goldberg out from all his pacing should be fined, nobody will buy that) and I hope it was just bad timing but the Jericho distraction before the bell rang makes Goldberg look like an opportunist heel and Owens the sympathetic babyface. Completely contradictory to everything WWE has been saying beforehand. Obvious why it was done, just badly executed imo.

2. You make this huge feckin deal of Charlotte's undefeated PPV streak for months, emphasise it (badly) by having her consistently lose the title on RAW only to win it back two weeks later on the 6th PPV of the month. You push Bayley as this ultimate babyface, a hugging underdog battling the odds to achieve her dream. She's not happy at getting help to win the title so wants to do it on her own. She even convinces Charlotte to leave Dana behind and make this a proper 1-on-1. This is either built up for a big babyface win and 'streak' ending combo or the streak continues and yet another person turns on Bayley. Instead she gets help again, Sasha even hit Charlotte so Bayley should have been disqualified, and the PPV streak ends with a bit of a whimper. Booked like this to swerve us as Sasha turning seemed obvious but as WCW found out 17 years ago, swerves for the sake of swerves aren't a good thing if it flies in the face of good booking. Sasha probably still turns too which makes the anticlimax ending even stranger.

3. Strowman being built massively only to lose a few weeks before WrestleMania seems to go against the mould wrestling was built on of monster heel defeated at the big event. A minor gripe as Reigns likely fights Undertaker at Mania and you can't have him go into that match off a loss. But please Michael Cole, stop telling me I should be shocked that Reigns has beaten someone.

4. Rusev being destroyed by Big Show. In 2017. I really don't need to expand on this one.

5. I was going to post this in the random thoughts thread as it's more of an observation than a booking complaint but why is it that when a wrestler passes out in a submission move to end the match the referee just calls for the bell yet if it's not the ending the ref raises the arm three times to make sure. Last night he pushes Zayn's arm and rings for the bell but for kayfabe's sake shouldn't he be giving Zayn two more chances to stay in the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Not interested at all in the cruiserweights. Just fast forward through their segments. I think they should be scrapped even though they won't be.

In my opinion this was the best match of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I really thought Taker would come and confront Reigns but he will prob do it on Raw in the next few weeks. Strowman could be a star in a few years

Expected that to happen in the Main Event and Jericho looked bad ass (the goofy list/best friend y2j could be put on the shelve and the serious y2j could return). Goldberg might retain at mania and then lose the next night on raw (he will be one guy Lesner cant beat)

starting to get sick of New day and Enzo/Cass really starting to go stale but New Day are good for the company outside of the ring

Nevile vs Aries is coming but whos going to take Aries commentary spot ??

When is Sasha going to turn on bayley was expecting it to happen last night

I wonder what they will do with Zayn and Joe now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

phatkev wrote: »
    In my opinion this was the best match of the night

Indeed I have to agree although I struggle to name my number 2 match in that list. For the Lol's lets say the Mahal match I enjoyed that one. It was nothing like a top match but I enjoyed it. The rest meh.

I posted last night had Roman boots or runners on not sure what number it is but they looked horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Already pointed out in here but my God could they have not had Owens beat Goldberg down for a few minutes at least. Makes Owens looks like a beast for containing Goldberg and then have the Jericho distraction. That way the Goldberg storyline can move on and Owens looks strong coming out of it.

Owens, Rusev and Strownman were booked awfully last night, to think they put over Show,Berg and Regins no matter how hard they push him the audience won't accept him is actually laughable.

Advertisement