Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night School for Network+

Options
  • 07-02-2017 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi
    Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

I am wanting to do the Network+ certification but have a full time job, so i will only be able to do it via night classes.

I know that you can do it on your own by reading the books, sadly i find it difficult to learn that way. I find it a lot easier learning in a classroom or physically doing what i'm trying to learn.

I have found https://www.griffith.ie/faculties/short-courses/courses/comptia-network
    would really like some feed back as to weather or not they are a good place to learn?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Funkiwi75 wrote: »
    Hi
    Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

I am wanting to do the Network+ certification but have a full time job, so i will only be able to do it via night classes.

I know that you can do it on your own by reading the books, sadly i find it difficult to learn that way. I find it a lot easier learning in a classroom or physically doing what i'm trying to learn.

I have found https://www.griffith.ie/faculties/short-courses/courses/comptia-network
    would really like some feed back as to weather or not they are a good place to learn?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

You could ring around FAS centers to see if there are free spots in classes.

I'm also going to put this out there, your going to have a tough time in IT and networking if you don't have the ability to learn by yourself. Actual training is hard to come by and technology changes a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Funkiwi75

You could ring around FAS centers to see if there are free spots in classes.

I'm also going to put this out there, your going to have a tough time in IT and networking if you don't have the ability to learn by yourself. Actual training is hard to come by and technology changes a lot.

I've been in the IT industry for about 10 years now, I'm kinda jack of all trades just want to get to know I a bit more in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its really not a valuable qualification. If you've worked in IT for 10 years you should be able to pass without school. You can do the test without a course.

At most you need some study for the specific questions, in which case there are hundreds of books available. Make sure you get a recent one. You will be frustrated by courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

If you have 10 years experience , I wouldn't look at Network + its aimed at people starting off in the IT game . Maybe take a look at some of the CCNA Certs .

Advertisement