Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank looking for utility bills, I dont have any

• 07-02-2017 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Bank looking for utility bills regarding my application. I dont have any at all. The house share has bills included, and my phone is pay as you go. I dont have anything to send them.

Can anyone suggest anything

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Do you know your local Guard, maybe you could ask for a ML10 form to be filled in? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102389401&postcount=3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,012 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Get Revenue to send you a letter.

Or I've heard that buying a dog license from the council can also work (actually having the dog is optional!) - but don't know if it really does or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,458 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you are just opening an account, just get as many recognisable documents as you can to convince them where you live. Do you have a written lease? Do you have other bank accounts?

If applying for a mortgage or similar and they want you to prove affordability and that you pay on time, then that's another matter. Do you have any bills that you can you that you pay on time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

A P60 along with a letter from your HR department might work. Otherwise put your parents address on the application form and bring one of their bills with you. You would need your parent to accompany you to the bank and its best if it's their local branch that they use. Once the account is open a couple of months you can change address using online banking.

Advertisement