Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence between family

Options
  • 07-02-2017 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Lads mate is buying a 22 from his uncle do the have to hand it into local dealer or could uncle hold onto it until the lad gets licence processed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sniperman

Tommyaya4 wrote: »
    Lads mate is buying a 22 from his uncle do the have to hand it into local dealer or could uncle hold onto it until the lad gets licence processed

when i bought the 223 from a lad of no relation,he held onto it until i got licence,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

As long as the uncle has a licence he can sell to your mate. It is covered in section 3.3 of the licence application (FCA1) form.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Crow Pigeon and Pheasant

Tommyaya4 wrote:

Pretty sure he can hold onto it as I'm actually getting a . 22 from my uncle at the minute and he hasn't had to hand it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

Thanks lads great help as always

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Once the Uncles licence is still in date whilst their waiting for the paper work to get sorted, then yea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement