Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony MDR zx770BN or Bose Soundlink 2

• 08-02-2017 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a pair of bluetooth headphones mainly for the bus and walk to and from work every day.

I've narrowed it down to the two above. I've tried them both in Currys. My main concern is my ears not getting sore. They tend to get irritated by on ear phones.

Also note the Bose are about 50g lighter than the Sony which may make a difference. I know two people with the Bose that love them. So looking for an opinion on the Sony's. There seemed to be a bit of space so possibly leakage.

Its a lot of money to drop on headphones so i just want to make the right move.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Go for the Sony; even if it's not the best, the active noise cancellation (ANC) feature IMHO makes them more usable on the bus (for reference I own MDR-100ABN and will never give them up)

You can get them a fair bit cheaper online if you can wait:
    Blue

Black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

I have a pair of the Sonys for over a year now - brilliant headphones. Noise cancelling is very good, battery life also impressive. Sound again very impressive, extremely comfortable cushioning.

Go for the Sonys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Anyone know if you can have two devices paired at the same time? I bus and walk to work and like to switch between tab and phone. But my cheap soundpeats don't do it unless I turn off Bluetooth on one and hit connect on other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

peteb2 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can have two devices paired at the same time? I bus and walk to work and like to switch between tab and phone. But my cheap soundpeats don't do it unless I turn off Bluetooth on one and hit connect on other

If your devices both have NFC, you should be able to pair the headphones by touching them together.

However if not, AFAIK Bluetooth will take precedence on whichever device is trying to talk to the headphones first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

LpPepper wrote: »
    I have a pair of the Sonys for over a year now - brilliant headphones. Noise cancelling is very good, battery life also impressive. Sound again very impressive, extremely comfortable cushioning.

Go for the Sonys

Bought these on friday.

Not great for the money.

Noise cancellation that I cannot notice.

Sound = no bass.

Not really comfortable.

Pity I didn't buy online or I would send them back. :-(

• Advertisement
Advertisement