Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current account fraud

• 08-02-2017 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

I have had a fraudulent withdrawal on my current account. I cannot notify you by phone because you have no options for this on your automated answering system. Also at least one phone number on your website is no longer working (1890 365 365). This is just totally crazy. Please get organised with security.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

joeirish wrote: »
    I have had a fraudulent withdrawal on my current account. I cannot notify you by phone because you have no options for this on your automated answering system. Also at least one phone number on your website is no longer working (1890 365 365). This is just totally crazy. Please get organised with security.
    Have you tried either of the below? Select the debit card option - your main aim here is to get through to someone who can help

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]f you wish to speak to someone about Fraud on an account please contact us on:
    Republic of Ireland: 00353 1 4885466[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]How can I report a lost or stolen card?
    Contact our 24 hour Lost/Stolen Department:[/font]
    • Republic of Ireland    1890 706 706
    • Great Britain/Northern Ireland    0345 309 8099
    • Outside these locations    +353 567 757 007

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭joeirish

Have you tried either of the below? Select the debit card option - your main aim here is to get through to someone who can help

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]f you wish to speak to someone about Fraud on an account please contact us on:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]How can I report a lost or stolen card?

[*]
    The 4885466 number is ONLY for credit cards. What number do I dial for current accounts. There are no options for current account fraud on this number.

[*]
    The 4885466 number is ONLY for credit cards. What number do I dial for current accounts. There are no options for current account fraud on this number.
    [*]
    Visa Debit cards is 1 - as this hangs off your current account, they should be able to help or at least put a hold on ur account until you can contact a branch

[*]

[*]
    [*]
    Visa Debit cards is 1 - as this hangs off your current account, they should be able to help or at least put a hold on ur account until you can contact a branch

[*]

That is so crazy, why not an option for current accounts?

also

I cannot contact my branch because there is no way to do this via phone anymore. I cannot get to the branch physically either. So what now?

I will hold BoI liable for any unauthorised activity on my account and I will use a copy of this timed and dated discussion to show you have been notified. Now please get the matter sorted.

• Advertisement

I will hold BoI liable for any unauthorised activity on my account and I will use a copy of this timed and dated discussion to show you have been notified. Now please get the matter sorted.
    Joe, have you got through to anyone on that number and mentioned the current account fraud? If so, what did they say?

Noone will pick this up here until the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The phone option, **** may it be does get you through to security. Credit cards is fine too, they can transfer you.

Boards isn't maned 24/7 like their phone lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

tbh it sound's like someone doesn't know how to use a phone

Joe, have you got through to anyone on that number and mentioned the current account fraud? If so, what did they say?

Noone will pick this up here until the morning
    Finally got through to somebody but why only have options for Visa debit and Credit card. Nothing for current account. Maybe you should update your phone options.

Credit card option tried to put me through to somebody but told me I had chosen the wrong option. When I said there was no option for current account he seemed taken by surprise. Said there should be.

RossieMan wrote: »
    The phone option, **** may it be does get you through to security. Credit cards is fine too, they can transfer you.

• Advertisement

Sounds like you should be in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

Sounds like you should be in bed.
    Take your own advice:rolleyes:

Can't believe you don't know how to use a phone...... lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

How have you current account fraud exactly? Someone got on your 365?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Credit card option tried to put me through to somebody but told me I had chosen the wrong option. When I said there was no option for current account he seemed taken by surprise. Said there should be.

RossieMan wrote: »

Hi joeirish,

I'm sorry to hear you've had an unauthorised withdrawal on your current account. Can I ask what type of transaction was made i.e. card payment or 365 transfer? 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement