Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My 77 year old dad was asked for his current account number

• 08-02-2017 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

Would be great if you could help me out here. My 77 year old father went in to a Bricks and mortar shop for an eye test and new glasses etc, anyway long story short, the lady said her card machine was not working and asked can she write down card number etc etc when machine comes on line etc. This was his current account card, he is in a state about this as he has a couple of grand in this account.  

can you advise 
    1) Should he get a new card ?
    2) he is struggling in the online banking world, if a new card is required, can I order one for him ?

Thanks so much.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

6541 wrote: »
    Hi There,

Would be great if you could help me out here. My 77 year old father went in to a Bricks and mortar shop for an eye test and new glasses etc, anyway long story short, the lady said her card machine was not working and asked can she write down card number etc etc when machine comes on line etc. This was his current account card, he is in a state about this as he has a couple of grand in this account.  

can you advise 
    2) he is struggling in the online banking world, if a new card is required, can I order one for him ?

Thanks so much.  
    Hi 6541,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As your father is worried about this, he would be best to get in touch with us to have his card cancelled and re-issued. The shop may be reputable but cancelling the card will give him peace of mind. Your father can do this by calling 0818 365 365 or 00353 (0)1 4044000 and advisers are available until midnight. You would only be able to do this for him if it's a joint account and you're the other account holder. 

Hope this helps but if you've any other questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭6541

6541 wrote: »
    Hi There,

can you advise 

Thanks so much.  
    Hi 6541,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As your father is worried about this, he would be best to get in touch with us to have his card cancelled and re-issued. The shop may be reputable but cancelling the card will give him peace of mind. Your father can do this by calling 0818 365 365 or 00353 (0)1 4044000 and advisers are available until midnight. You would only be able to do this for him if it's a joint account and you're the other account holder. 

Hope this helps but if you've any other questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thanks Tara ! 

Advertisement