Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ink

Options
  • 08-02-2017 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience of inkjet.ie for printer ink? The prices are astronomically low, under a fiver compared to €20+ or does "if it sounds too good to be true........." apply?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

fourcats wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience of inkjet.ie for printer ink? The prices are astronomically low, under a fiver compared to €20+ or does "if it sounds too good to be true........." apply?

What's the model of the printer? Different manufacturers use different ink delivery systems so the effectiveness of compatibles can vary greatly.

I import and distribute these things throughout Europe so I wouldn't be concerned about the price (there a lot cheaper out there for same items) but I can give you a good idea of what you'll likely encounter if you supply this info.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

fourcats wrote: »

There was a post on here in September 2016 with several adverse comments / experiences related to inkjet.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭fourcats

Canon MG3250

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Hi,

MG3250 uses cartridges with a built in printhead. These cannot (legally) be copied and sold in the EU.

Therefore they will be selling recycled Canon cartridges (a factory refilled cartridge).

These are generally expensive - certainly not a fiver!

(I checked 17.50 for xl black/19.50 for colour and 42 for 3).

They will likely include an instruction sheet which requires you to disable the ink monitor on the printer. Simple enough but can be confusing the first time. The printer will display low ink warnings.

Printers with just a black and tri colour are generally cheap and therefore expensive for ink.

If I was you I'd take the 42 and buy a Canon MG5750 for 70e in pc world.

Compatibles available. Work flawlessly and can be bought on ebay (5 carts) for less than 20 quid. These prices will fall dramatically during the lifetime of the printer also.

I can probably point in the direction of a cheaper supplier than inkjet for mg3250 but they'll be coming from the UK.

Boring I know!

Advertisement