Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Loan Approval Time

• 08-02-2017 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Wondering how long it would take to get approval on a car loan of 6,000? (on the assumption that all boxes were ticked and all criteria satisfied)

Is there any quicker way to apply, e.g., is calling in to a branch quicker than applying online, or by phonecall etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi,

Wondering how long it would take to get approval on a car loan of 6,000? (on the assumption that all boxes were ticked and all criteria satisfied)

Is there any quicker way to apply, e.g., is calling in to a branch quicker than applying online, or by phonecall etc?
    Hi Squall Leonhart,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

Approval is generally received within 48 hours. The time frame is the same for branch, phone or online applications. If you'd like to apply online, please see here

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Thanks Tara.

One additional question..

Can additional payments be made to a loan?

What I mean is, if I borrow X over 3 years, with a monthly repayment of Y, can I pay off - say - 500 euro of the loan outside of my monthly payments if I had some extra spare in a particular month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Thanks Tara.

What I mean is, if I borrow X over 3 years, with a monthly repayment of Y, can I pay off - say - 500 euro of the loan outside of my monthly payments if I had some extra spare in a particular month?
    Hi Squall Leonhart,

If you take out the Standard Car Loan you can make additional repayments as it's a variable rate loan. If you'd like me to arrange a call from the Car Loan Team, please feel free to send us a private message by clicking the link under my signature. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Thanks Tara.

Hi Squall Leonhart,

If you take out the Standard Car Loan you can make additional repayments as it's a variable rate loan. If you'd like me to arrange a call from the Car Loan Team, please feel free to send us a private message by clicking the link under my signature. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Thank you Tara.
    Good to know. Not quite at that stage yet, still haggling a price with a dealer ;)

Advertisement