Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon XT sensors

Options
  • 08-02-2017 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I need to add some sensors to my phonewatch system (currently monitored by phonewatch) and have a few questions I'd like your opinion on:

1. Thinking of going to self monitoring as the phonewatch costs are astronomical - can I buy and fit the Simon XT sensors myself - am quite handy around the house and with tech so if someone could point me on the direction of where to buy window and door sensors (and also a smoke detector for the third floor which should have been fitted originally).
    2. Would it be cheaper/easier to get phonewatch to do the upgrade as part of a service call. Will they bump the contract (currently not in one) if I do.
    3. Are there any third party alarm monitoring companies who can fit the Simon XT sensors and provide monitoring on the system?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevyeah

Hi Henry,

I had a similar issue and I moved to Homececure. They took over my SimonXT with cheaper monitoring (price hasn't changed in two years) and their customer service has been good. Bad first impression because I was on hold for a while but since then I have been impressed, might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi folks, I need to add some sensors to my phonewatch system (currently monitored by phonewatch) and have a few questions I'd like your opinion on:

1. Thinking of going to self monitoring as the phonewatch costs are astronomical - can I buy and fit the Simon XT sensors myself - am quite handy around the house and with tech so if someone could point me on the direction of where to buy window and door sensors (and also a smoke detector for the third floor which should have been fitted originally).
    2. Would it be cheaper/easier to get phonewatch to do the upgrade as part of a service call. Will they bump the contract (currently not in one) if I do.
    3. Are there any third party alarm monitoring companies who can fit the Simon XT sensors and provide monitoring on the system?

Thanks for reading.

Yes you can do this yourself. You can buy the sensors off this system in most of the suppliers here.
    To add them you will need the engineer code which Eircom will supply if you request it.

The system can also be set up to ring you in the event of an alarm activation by removing the monitoring stations numbers and putting in your own, then change the protocol the system dials out on to voice for each number you add.

Advertisement