Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 Merc C-180

• 08-02-2017 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

Can anybody in the know advise if this seems a good buy or not?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-c-class-mercedes-c180-low-miles/12537551

Currently driving a 1.6L petrol '06 Primera with 185K on the clock.

The move to a 1.8L petrol with slightly higher tax than my own (~50/yr more) doesn't bother me much. Obviously as well I'd be hoping to knock something off the price with my own.

It seems that 78K miles (115,000km) seems low for a 9 year old car. Also since the NCT has expired last month, it'd need to be NCT'd before they'd sell it, and it'd be good for 2 years on that front.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

see like a lot for a 9yr old car, most insurers are not quoting over 10-12yr old now so resale will be F all in a couple yrs time, would you not go for a kompressor also ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Pure ignorance here, I don't know the difference between a kompressor and what I posted in the link above!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kompressor means supercharged

Merc are nice. Go test drive and see what price they can give you.
    Don't buy it on the same day, at least give it a few days to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those Merc petrol engines are Kompressor (supercharged).

I went out at lunch time today for a drive, seemed in perfect order, comfortable, good drive.

Best the guy was willing to talk was €7,900

I've walked away for now, but can't see it being snapped up immediately if I take a few days to digest... and if it is, so be it. I'm not panic buying :)

115,000km is the selling point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

The auto would be better too in that. Merc manual gearboxes arent great at all. Auto would be easier to sell too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I went out at lunch time today for a drive, seemed in perfect order, comfortable, good drive.

Best the guy was willing to talk was €7,900

I've walked away for now, but can't see it being snapped up immediately if I take a few days to digest... and if it is, so be it. I'm not panic buying :)

115,000km is the selling point.

How did you find them to deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭iphone6

he has that car close to a year so don't be in a panic colour isn't great.

How did you find them to deal with?

Emm... grand yeah? Not the most accommodating but not exactly unprofessional either.
    iphone6 wrote:
    he has that car close to a year so don't be in a panic colour isn't great.

Thought as much, yeah but when it comes to second hand cars, colour is a variable there's limited control over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Gavman84 wrote: »
    The auto would be better too in that. Merc manual gearboxes arent great at all. Auto would be easier to sell too.

I wonder about this old yarn at this stage. We go with auto traditionally in a bigger car for sure. But the idea that a car maker with the pedigree of mercedes benz can't master a relatively fundamental piece of engineering like a manual gearbox?

Better fuel economy for combination city driving with the manual and 1.8 c class isn't a big old barge. So wouldn't put me off if price is right for you.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Classic is the base model.

Advertisement