Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fix faulty sensor

Options
  • 08-02-2017 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi. I have a motion sensor that was added to an sun room extention of the house that triggers false alarms randomly. It happens very random like 2 or 3 times in 3 months. The people we bought the house from blamed it on a spider. I have replaced the sensor and moved it to a position out of the sun but it still happens, which makes me think it is a short in the wire somewhere. It is an airtech cs350. Is this something that can be fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Are the false alarms happening during daylight/nighttime? I'd think a sun-room would be a difficult place for PIR's due to heat/cold/light variation. Maybe a dual pir/microwave(?) detector would be better suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭patrickspicture

Thanks for getting back. Pretty sure i replaced it with pir/microwave. It was sitting in direct sun for most of the day so I moved it to the corner out of the sun.
    I would blame me for moving it but it was happening before I did anything to it.
    Happens in day time. Only turn it on when not home. So rare to be on at night. Thought it was the sun heating up the room but last time it was grey out and would not let me turn the alarm back on when that zone was enabled.

I didn't add the sunroom so I am guessing that a patio door was originally there andthey patched the cable from that for sensor to reach into the sun room.

There is a window not to far with a sensor,
    Is it possible to piggy back a new line from one of the other sensors?

Advertisement