Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sepa transfer times to another ROI bank

• 08-02-2017 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi!
    yesterday i have made a transfer to my another account in irish bank, and there was information that the payment would be processed on another working day (today). The payment is still "in progress" and i called to support and was told that it can take up to 3 working days. There was no information during the transaction that it could take that long (and I really do not understand why in 21st centuary in Europe transaction should take so long)? So, can I cancel the transaction and just go to cash machine and take the money? can the operation be made manually?
    I am very disappointed with such service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

mets wrote: »
    Hi!
    yesterday i have made a transfer to my another account in irish bank, and there was information that the payment would be processed on another working day (today). The payment is still "in progress" and i called to support and was told that it can take up to 3 working days. There was no information during the transaction that it could take that long (and I really do not understand why in 21st centuary in Europe transaction should take so long)? So, can I cancel the transaction and just go to cash machine and take the money? can the operation be made manually?
    I am very disappointed with such service.
    Hi mets,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry if you've been provided with conflicting information. If your account with us is held in Euros in the Republic of Ireland and you requested a SEPA transfer before 3.30pm yesterday, the other Irish bank would have received the funds today and they should be available now in that account. If it was after 3.30pm the transfer will be processing today and you'll receive them in the other bank account tomorrow. We've more information on transfer time frames here

Once a transfer has been confirmed with your pin, it is not possible to cancel or reverse the payment. Just to mention, when you are confirming a transfer on 365 Online the following message is displayed:

Cut-off Times Payments that are requested after the daily cut-off time Monday to Friday, or at any time on a Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday will be processed on the next working day. 

There is also a link provided to the transfer times I've included above. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement