Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Fayre - Malahide

Options
  • 08-02-2017 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Seems that this place has been sold and bought by someone else - Any idea what they're putting in here? Possibly another cafe?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's a pity. It looked busy any time I was passing, but that was mostly at weekends. There's not much scope for parking there thought, and I always thought that was a factor in the Spar pulling out a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ladygoodman

That's a pity. It looked busy any time I was passing, but that was mostly at weekends. There's not much scope for parking there thought, and I always thought that was a factor in the Spar pulling out a few years back.

They lost their wine licence and noticed over time they were closed quite early - compared to other places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

It's back open again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Looks like it's being kitted out inside once again. I wonder what's going in there next.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭robbe

Not sure but a planning search on the site (report below) shows the current owners applying for retention planning permission from its conversion from the Spar into the current coffee shop (or what was current until it was renovated). I assume it received retention permission - nothing to indicate its changing from the current owners, wasn't mad on it myself, staff a bit offhand which reflects a few other customer experiences I heard of.

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00540200.pdf

On reading some more of the docs I would say the alterations are to accommodate the issues arsing in the attached...

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00543568.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭robbe

Passed by this place in the last few days and they've added a new name (the greenery) which hopefully means the old management has been replaced (was only ever in there a few times but the service wasn't great) - if it's anything like the Donnybrook place it will be a welcome addition to the village.

Advertisement