Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week ban

Options
  • 08-02-2017 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

In got a week ban for this post below . The mod instruction was not to continue on the same topic . I posted on another topic .

I know you probably a lovely fella but you have to get used to being wrong .
    A retraction of your claim that unaccompanied minors will not likely get family reunification is expected.
    I thought you would be in favor of these children getting family reunification as you support refugees .
    You are more interested it seems in winning an argument than any support of these unfortunates

The reply to the mod Johnnyskeleton Politics

I repeated what this poster said in another post directed at me . I notice he did not get a ban . This poster on 2 occasions called someone a racist and bigot on this thread .I reported it and it was ignored .
    Your instruction was not to continue on this issue . The issue that I replied to was different .
    I would not have made the post the mod refers t only he has done nothing about the confrontational poster .Alastair .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi rgossip30, have you attempted to resolve via PM with the mod? It's not clear from your post above?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

dudara wrote: »
    Hi rgossip30, have you attempted to resolve via PM with the mod? It's not clear from your post above?

Yes see bleo .

I repeated what this poster said in another post directed at me . I notice he did not get a ban . This poster on 2 occasions called someone a racist and bigot on this thread .I reported it and it was ignored .
    Your instruction was not to continue on this issue . The issue that I replied to was different .

OK, I'll ask a CMod to review

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Rgossip30 - the cmods are unable to get to this for now so I am willing to jump in directly to the admin review.
    Please note as admin my decision is final, are you OK with this or do you want to wait for an available cmod?

• Advertisement

Taltos wrote: »
    Rgossip30 - the cmods are unable to get to this for now so I am willing to jump in directly to the admin review.
    Please note as admin my decision is final, are you OK with this or do you want to wait for an available cmod?

The thread was closed after a number of biased mods were pushing their off topic point . The ban was for a week only and is lifted.

The ban has expired, but it was not lifted. This means that it still stands as a ban on your record.

Do you still want to contest the ban? If it is overturned, it will be marked as so on your record.

dudara wrote: »
    The ban has expired, but it was not lifted. This means that it still stands as a ban on your record.

Do you still want to contest the ban? If it is overturned, it will be marked as so on your record.

I will contest the ban

OK let me go through the thread and PM exchange before I reply back again.

Taltos wrote: »
    OK let me go through the thread and PM exchange before I reply back again.

OK , its really about a persistent poster Alastair looking for a source when its not a claim to fact but a likely possibility as stated .

• Advertisement

I know I am seeing that, however DRF is purely to dispute the mod action taken against you and not any other poster. Irrespective of what someone else posts ultimately you're responsible for how you react/post.

OK

looking at the thread in question I first go back to this post
    Mod note:

Please stop this off topic low standards bickering.

& then 2 days later
    Mod note:

I warned you both that this was bickering and off topic. The thread is about the age of the child refugees i.e. whether they are children or not. This issue you are arguing over, i.e. whether someone can avoid deportation by refusing to give their name or nationality, is neither here nor there.

Final warning. If either of you posts in this off topic way any more it will be a ban.

These were directed at you and others on the 4th of Feb and in fairness for a while there you did stop the thread derailing back and forth, thanks for that (grudgingly, 2 mod warns here and shouldn't have been needed).
    However then on the 8th you kicked off again. I'm sure you felt you had to defend your viewpoint but sometimes it's best to just ignore folk that may goad you, otherwise as we can see that thread is in threat of being derailed and shut, all of which left the mod team with very little choice here but to take action.

As you's also received some other mod actions in the forum in the previous few days I find that a weeks ban is not overly long, especially as the last mod warning on the thread had indicated bans were now incoming.

Please take note of what happened here to avoid similar repeats. If posters are getting on your goat the simplest thing is to add them to your ignore list or just choose not to take the bait. Where they clearly cross the line report them, note reporting posts you just disagree with or dislike can equally flash back on you so only report those posts that are clear breaches of policy.

Thanks.
    I know as admin I said my decision is final but I'll this once leave this thread open for a few hours to allow you to reply, note that the decision is still final irrespective.

Yes not to continue with such fanatic posters ban is lifted. The thread was closed what looked to me like mods ganging up on posters an unfair balance considering their position .I mean when are links not proof enough ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement