Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is it the best place to find job listings?

Options
  • 08-02-2017 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been working as a software engineer for the last year and a half and am looking to leave my current position. What are the best sites for job hunting?

I've tried LinkedIn, and I've spoken to some recruiters who've contacted me, but I'm not sure what else to try. Any advice is welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

Hi,

I've been working as a software engineer for the last year and a half and am looking to leave my current position. What are the best sites for job hunting?

I've tried LinkedIn, and I've spoken to some recruiters who've contacted me, but I'm not sure what else to try. Any advice is welcome :)

That's pretty much it: Linkedin, recruiters and maybe irishjobs.ie

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭14ned

Indeed.

By which he means indeed.com, which is a job index aggregator letting you search multiple job boards from a single location.

It's not bad, but you see many dupes due to recruiters spamming every jobs board they can. It also has a better than most daily jobs notification email system.

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Are you limerick based

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Thanks, everyone. I'm Dublin based so I'm hoping I'll get something. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious :)

How do people go about becoming contractors? I've been told that might be a good option too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

Thanks, everyone. I'm Dublin based so I'm hoping I'll get something. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious :)

How do people go about becoming contractors? I've been told that might be a good option too.

when you're looking for jobs you've permanent and contract. It's up to you which ones you want to apply, you just tell recruiters that you're looking for contract positions and that's it. The process is pretty much similar you got to interviews, and they say "nay" or "yay". There's a lot of information out there onwhat to do when go for contracting (umbrellas, companies....)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Monster.ie, Linkedin.com, irishjobs.ie, jobs.ie, recruitireland.com etc.

Advertisement