Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good breakfast

Options
  • 08-02-2017 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Where will I get a good breakfast in D 15 tomorrow morning folks?

Someone told me the Wetherspoons isn't a bad one. Not sure if I'm willing to risk it though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Rudy's in blanch village does a nice breakfast..it's across from the greyhound

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Amber Cafe in Blanch Village if you're looking for a fry up / rasher sandwich type breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

+1 for Amber.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Not D15, but close enough. Cafe13 in Dunboyne do one of the best breakfasts around. Great selection and the food is always cooked to perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

I have never tried it but many people seem to rate breakfast in the Bell quite highly. Not sure what time they start serving though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Cottage cafe is good

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

The Hungry Monkey in Mulhuddart

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Another +1 for the Amber Cafe, excellent breakfast there!

The Bell isn't too bad but not on as good as Amber.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Amber looks good folks. Thanks.

Best place to park for free there - at the Bell?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Amber looks good folks. Thanks.

Best place to park for free there - at the Bell?

It would be, the parking at the back of Amber and opposite it are both paid albeit 2 quid for the hour iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'm sure OP is well and truly fed by now but I just discovered the Boathouse cafe at Farmleigh House in Phoenix Park the other day. Fab full breakfast with great americano!! The lake and wooded surroundings are gorgeous! I never knew this place existed despite all my visits to Phoenix Park. Well worth a visit if you've a car! Must try a lunch on my next visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The Boathouse can be ridiculously crowded at lunchtime, especially at the weekends, queues are literally out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Sorry, I meant to send an update!

I ended up in The Hungry Monkey in Mulhuddart. It was spot on, very friendly and cheap enough (€7) for a full Irish with chips, soda bread and tea!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Planning on going for breakfast with a few friends at the weekend and possibly a couple of their children. Would Ambers still be a good shout considering there will be 5 adults and possibly 2 children? It doesn't look too big from outside. I've also heard the breakfast in the Twelfth Lock is good, has anyone else been?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

miamee wrote: »
    Planning on going for breakfast with a few friends at the weekend and possibly a couple of their children. Would Ambers still be a good shout considering there will be 5 adults and possibly 2 children? It doesn't look too big from outside. I've also heard the breakfast in the Twelfth Lock is good, has anyone else been?

I haven't been to either but Ambers does look small from the outside and that is the reason why we haven't gone there with kids. The Dublin Roast across the road is much bigger and does breakfast but I haven't been in it since it reopened under new owners.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I forgot about Dublin Roast, I haven't been there either :D Thanks jonnybravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Had a really good brunch at Rudy's in Main Street, Blanchardstown a couple of months ago. Top class! You will pay a couple of euro extra per meal than your usual standard breakfast place but I think it's worth it for the quality and choice of brunch meals on offer. I tried Heuvos Rancheros for the first time ever - YUM!!! Really nice ambiance and there were several couples with kids there too.

http://rudysrestaurant.ie/brunch-menu/

It's small enough, there's a decent couch with (4 I think) tables and 4 chairs. Not sure if you can reserve it but that would suit your 7 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

Amber is big enough. has seating for around 20 people.
    I would pick this place over most in Dub15.
    Rudy's is lovely, but may not suit children's taste, if they are picky.
    been to the Reese Wetherspoons in Blanch a few times and every time it disappoints.
    the prices are great.
    My recent experiences, food is cold, plate brought was incorrect, then was brought with smaller option I had paid for, other is items missing. As a comparison, the Reese in Swords is alot better and I have driven there for breakfast instead of going local.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jacinta086

Never had brekkie in Amber's but Rudy's is lovely and defo the most brunchy type place i've been too around Dublin 15.
    Would you consider Avoca in Dunboyne - if your driving? Its lovely, very child friendly and just a 10 minute drive.

• Advertisement

Jacinta086 wrote: »
    Never had brekkie in Amber's but Rudy's is lovely and defo the most brunchy type place i've been too around Dublin 15.
    Would you consider Avoca in Dunboyne - if your driving? Its lovely, very child friendly and just a 10 minute drive.

Never thought of Avoca actually, I will add that to the suggestions, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Never thought of Avoca actually, I will add that to the suggestions, thank you!

Can't warm to that place for food. Avoca in Rathcoole is much better. Phoenix Cafe at the visitor centre in Phoenix Park just as handy and streets ahead but can get very busy on weekend mornings. Rudy's for brunch a + from me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Can't warm to that place for food. Avoca in Rathcoole is much better. Phoenix Cafe at the visitor centre in Phoenix Park just as handy and streets ahead but can get very busy on weekend mornings. Rudy's for brunch a + from me too.

Really great place for children to be honest and staff very friendly. Nice to chill out for an hour or two there. Sometimes cafes make you feel in a bit of rush to get out when done eating when you maybe want to chill with another coffee. Avoca very good to chill with a baby, have food and coffee. A bit overpriced though.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

Castleknock hotel is good but you need to be there before 11. Typical hotel buffet fare but better quality than most. Kids are half price - plenty of room for them and small playground out the back.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Gerlad wrote: »
    Castleknock hotel is good but you need to be there before 11. Typical hotel buffet fare but better quality than most. Kids are half price - plenty of room for them and small playground out the back.

I actually stayed there for a night a couple of weeks ago. I won't say that the breakfast is crap, I've had worse in other hotels, but unless you're staying B&B it's definitely not worth going there and paying for on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Would also recommend Avoca Dunboyne, literally 10 minutes away, and if you get a table out in the decked/garden area the kids might have a little more freedom to make noise or run around. Pricey, but as per all Avoca cafes, you get big portions. I'd recommend the blueberry pancakes :D

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I have a great list of places to try now :D However, for convenience of all involved we are going to Wetherspoons...not so exciting as Avoca but I'll definitely be going there another day. The kids are 10 and 11 so they'll likely just be happy with anywhere that has WiFi :D

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I have a great list of places to try now :D However, for convenience of all involved we are going to Wetherspoons...not so exciting as Avoca but I'll definitely be going there another day. The kids are 10 and 11 so they'll likely just be happy with anywhere that has WiFi :D

Not sure what Wetherspoons breakfast is like in Blanch but I've had it twice in Belfast & England.... dire.

Not sure what Wetherspoons breakfast is like in Blanch but I've had it twice in Belfast & England.... dire.

I'm not expecting much, I will report back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I like it. I’m sure there’s better but for convenience and price it’s more than adequate.

Advertisement