Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cranberries May 18th bord gais

Options
  • 08-02-2017 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Acoustic gig on May 18th cant wait. Any fans here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

I will try to buy tickets on Friday.

At the moment date is not appearing on Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Greg81 wrote: »
    I will try to buy tickets on Friday.

At the moment date is not appearing on Ticketmaster.

Going to be great. Acoustic and string quartet with a legendry Irish band.

Surprised not more here interested in it. Too busy chatting about karaoke act Ed Sheeran Id say!.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Im not a big fan but would like to see them. Not sure about acoustic though, you think it will be decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Going to be great. Acoustic and string quartet with a legendry Irish band.

Surprised not more here interested in it. Too busy chatting about karaoke act Ed Sheeran Id say!.

I think they're both sh!te tbh

Sold out in seconds!!!!

Managed to secure 4 tickets for myself and friends. Upper Balcony.

Very Happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Did not think they would sell out so fast! Trying to get tickets for any half decent sized gig in Ireland has turned into a joke.

I'm going to stick with smaller venues from now on, and ticketmaster can get f**ked.

But surely the Cranberries might do some other Irish gigs, even, shock horror, a gig in their hometown!

Sold out ridiculously fast. Managed to get two tickets for the wife and I. Way up in the rafters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

I got tickets too. Didn't known the venue but was told that towards the front of the upper circle was good. Ended up with the 3rd row so happy enough. Thought they'd sell out but didn't think they would so fast.
    They have a huge tour going, in south america at the moment.

Great gig last night. Really enjoyed it. Highlights for me were Zombie, Salvation and Ode to My Family.

What did people think?
    The sound was a bit iffy for 1/2 songs but over all I thought it was a good concert. I enjoyed it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Was great to see them last night, I enjoyed the gig but there was something a bit... off about it.

DOR looked kinda awkward on stage and there was very little interaction with the crowd at all, especially considering it was the first gig in Dublin in about a decade.

lc180 wrote: »
    Was great to see them last night, I enjoyed the gig but there was something a bit... off about it.

DOR looked kinda awkward on stage and there was very little interaction with the crowd at all, especially considering it was the first gig in Dublin in about a decade.

Didn't feel like that to me at all. I enjoyed it a lot, great gig. The Mrs loved it too.

Thought the supporting act were dire though.

lc180 wrote: »

I thought that too, altho it was my 3rd time seeing them and I don't ever remember her being a rock chick and taking over the stage. I did reckon she'd interact with the home crowd a bit more tho, especially as its their only Irish gig. Barely said goodbye either, just finished and ran off stage.
    Still a good night tho, I enjoyed it.

Advertisement