Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir cables across overgrown land?

Options
  • 08-02-2017 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭

Hi,

There is a phone line crossing a field I own which is overgrown. The cable is growing through some trees, lying on top of gorse bushes and generally a bit of a hazard.

How do I sort this out? I want to clear the overgrowth but the cables look like a safety hazard. Obviously I cannot just cut them down and it is impossible to work around them.

Can some let me know the procedure involved? i.e is it like ESB who will ensure the maintenance of their lines across private land?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

schmittel wrote: »
    Hi,

There is a phone line crossing a field I own which is overgrown. The cable is growing through some trees, lying on top of gorse bushes and generally a bit of a hazard.

How do I sort this out? I want to clear the overgrowth but the cables look like a safety hazard. Obviously I cannot just cut them down and it is impossible to work around them.

Can some let me know the procedure involved? i.e is it like ESB who will ensure the maintenance of their lines across private land?

Thanks!
    Hi schmittel,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Our dangerous plants team will be able to log this for you on 1850245424. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement