Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 toll solicitor's letter

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

When you have a foreign reg car and live abroad you are pretty much untouchable. 
    I park for free in the UK when I drive there. Speed cameras - who cares. No consequences for not paying transport tickets bar getting thrown off.

All changes from May 6th 2017.

In addition, if your car goes through a council revenue protection checkpoint (very regular sight in uk) and you have outstanding parking tickets in that council area, you must pay on the spot or the car is taken off you. - This includes non UK reg cars.

On speeding fines, if an anpr camera recognises your car and there are outstanding speeding tickets, you can be stopped and car taken.

So I call your post bs.

Btw - wife worked in middlesex council up til 2 years ago when we moved back here, revenue protection was her dept! A £40 ticket can jump to over £800 eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

Speedsie wrote: »

If the tag system allowed multipe cars if might work, but the three of us just don't travel toll roads enough at present to use it.

Speedsie

I have multiple tags on the one Easytrip account. The savings from M50 usage for outweigh the administration costs involved.

Zero sympathy for the OP. I would laugh a lot if he had a judgement against him and car lifted. Cheap bastard.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Speedsie wrote: »
    In my case it wouldn't. I have 3 cars on my video account (forgot about my brother). Between the three of us, we use the M50 less than 6 times a year.
    If we each had a tag account that would be €36 per year in fees only. Then the toll would need to be added.
    All the M50 tolls I pay don't add up to the administration fee of the tag.
    Don't use other toll roads regularly either.

If the tag system allowed multipe cars if might work, but the three of us just don't travel toll roads enough at present to use it.

Speedsie

I have 4 tags on one account with tolltag.ie (ParkMagic). These tags don't charge a monthly admin fee but add a percentage to each toll, if the toll is normally €2 for a tag user I get charged €2.20 but if I don't use any tolls the tags cost me nothing. I use one tag for myself, one for each of my parents cars & keep one spare for any friends or family, useful if they're bringing their car home from England or borrowing a family car temporarily for example. ParkMagic have an iPhone app that allows me to assign the tags to any car registration on the spot, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Thanks greenfinch & therapy boy, it's been a while since I looked into it, must revisit again. But I know I paid less than 35 euro in tools last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

The M50 toll is a scam just like water charges we already more than pay for the roads.

The people running the M50 toll must be laughing at the fools who pay it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement