Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! ABOUT TO GET FIRED!!!

Options
  • 08-02-2017 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is it possible for someone to clone your Teamviewer account and IP address so it looks like you've logged into your work computer from your home computer when you really haven't??? And I mean cloning you Home laptop IP address so it looks like you're logging into your work computer from home while you're on the clock at work.
    Yeah - someone has effed me big time and I don't know how to prove it! HELP!!! They're gonna fire me tomorrow!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Anything is possible, however you'd have to ask yourself why someone would want to do it & how they could find out your home IP address in order to do it. Are you even sure the "home" ip address is yours & not someone else's who logged into your team viewer account as you?

First things first, take a deep breath & relax, you're entitled to a witness to any disciplinary hearing (don't have one with out) and secondly, the burden of proof is on your employer to prove it was you on your IP at the specified time. Likewise, the onus of proof is on you to prove you weren't doing it - ask for CCTV for the time to prove you were in the office, as well as server logs from your own work pc for the disputed time.

Secondly, take several more deep breaths.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Are you sure that this has all happened? Has your employer said something to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

In many places you would get fired for running Teamviewer in the first place, massive security breach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AJulynn

Is it possible for someone to clone your Teamviewer account and IP address so it looks like you've logged into your work computer from your home computer when you really haven't??? And I mean cloning you Home laptop IP address so it looks like you're logging into your work computer from home while you're on the clock at work.
    Yeah - someone has effed me big time and I don't know how to prove it! HELP!!! They're gonna fire me tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,387 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Bit more detail please?

Someone logged into your work PC remotely? What makes anyone think it was from home? What evidence?

And what was done while someone was logged in remotely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

OU812 wrote: »
    First things first, take a deep breath & relax, you're entitled to a witness to any disciplinary hearing (don't have one with out)

Or do, and the company are in breech of protocol and the OP has them for unfair dismissal.

In fact he should be given sufficient time in advance of the interview so he can prepare... and lots of other rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Sounds to me like the OP is getting accused of logging into his work computer from home in order to do his work, or pretend to be present in the office.

The OP is claiming that someone else logged in and me it appear that the log in came from the OP's home. Sounds a bit dubious to me. It sounds a bit like a conspiracy. Why would someone try and set someone up like that? Do you have a lot of enemies, OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

It's not clear what happened here OP.

(1) Is this a case of an action was performed on your computer by someone else, and it looks like that "someone else" connected to your computer via TeamViewer to perform that action? And it's now been discovered that connection came from your home IP address?

(2) If you were on the clock, how did you not notice that someone else had taken remote access of your computer? Or was it the file transfer function of TeamViewer that was only used?

(3) Is TeamViewer how you would normally work from home? Is this standard procedure in your workplace?

From a technology point of view - it's possible. But someone would have to go to a lot of effort to actually carry it out. The biggest obstacle here is how they would know your home IP address? And they would also need to know your TeamViewer ID and connection password. If it was remote access they used, they would also need to know when you were away from your desk to perform it. And if your computer was locked when they attempted to connect, they would need to know your unlock password. There's an awful lot of effort required here.

If it's a case of you're being accused of not being in the office when you said you were, then there should be much easier routes to go down to prove you were. Do you have a swipe card that lets you in/out of the building or any areas to the building? Did you buy anything in shops/canteens in the building or nearby on that day? Does the building have CCTV in any areas, i.e. reception? Are there any colleagues who can verify your attendance that day? Any calls received/placed from your desk phone on that date?

Are you sure that whatever happened (a sent email that shouldn't have been sent, a file deleted etc) wasn't done by you by accident? The simple answer is usually the most accurate one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

This is your second thread on this.

You've got loads of answers on the other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 g2020

Yeah, heard you the first time you posted this, first thing this morning.

Are you broken? Off your meds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

How many more threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

degsie wrote: »
    How many more threads?

Think there was another 5 or 6 last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

How many more threads?

SOMEBODY CLONED THE OTHER THREAD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,387 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

How many more threads?

Has this tale been posted before then?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Threads merged. OP, if you start another thread about this, whatever about anything else that happens you will be banned from Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Paullimerick

So come on tell us. Was you sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Much drama.

Please update, I won't be able to get through the day without knowing the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Same post here with a similar amount of information...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

Some very unkind unempathic threads here. When a guy is down come on boards on kick him down further. Shameful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Some very unkind unempathic threads here. When a guy is down come on boards on kick him down further. Shameful.

What's worse is when someone joins a site and gives one comment but dosent come back to update the post or provide any other information.
    That's up there with the worst things imaginable really.

He was asked questions and didn't answer. Now we lynch him for not delivering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

OP lost 'tinternet access, so guess he's fried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Rip op. Your star shone bright in my heart.

Advertisement