Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in durrow?

Options
  • 08-02-2017 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Is efibre broadband available in durrow yet? If. It, what's the broadband situation like, speeds etc?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Is efibre broadband available in durrow yet? If. It, what's the broadband situation like, speeds etc?
    Thanks.

There was "fibre broadband available here" signs on the main road along the Abbey a while back but havnt seen them in ages. Other than that, I see kn networks still pulling wires so I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

There was "fibre broadband available here" signs on the main road along the Abbey a while back but havnt seen them in ages. Other than that, I see kn networks still pulling wires so I doubt it

That was only put up during the ploughing (and was a blatant lie by Eir), I questioned them on it at the time. I'm the clara road side and it hasn't been upgraded as yet, not sure about the kilbeggan road end.

That was only put up during the ploughing (and was a blatant lie by Eir), I questioned them on it at the time. I'm the clara road side and it hasn't been upgraded as yet, not sure about the kilbeggan road end.

I'm beside the Abbey, and no it hasn't. Still on ****ty 1meg vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I wonder why they seem to be just ignoring the area, the efibre rollout map doesn't even give any indication of a cabinet in the area, nevermind whether it would be going live within months/years, like the rest of the surrounding areas have. Very strange.
    Rahan has fibre broadband, and I believe mucklagh too(unless those signs were lies during the ploughing too)
    There just seems to be this massive broadband blackspot between tullamore and kilbeggan

Thinking of moving house but decent broadband is a necessity as my other half works from home.

I wonder why they seem to be just ignoring the area, the efibre rollout map doesn't even give any indication of a cabinet in the area, nevermind whether it would be going live within months/years, like the rest of the surrounding areas have. Very strange.
    Rahan has fibre broadband, and I believe mucklagh too(unless those signs were lies during the ploughing too)
    There just seems to be this massive broadband blackspot between tullamore and kilbeggan

Thinking of moving house but decent broadband is a necessity as my other half works from home.

In cloneygowan the website didn't update until kn actually left. Still no cabinet in area. Funny cos portarlington and geashil are live for a year or so. I'd say, as usual, rural areas will be left till last. Kn were working down by the football pitch in kildangan though last week cherry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

What are the other broadband options in the area, or are there any worth talking about? Mobile? Satellite?
    We are looking at a house in the area and the broadband is the only thing that's putting us off, other than that it's perfect. It's killing me! If we could find a reliable solution we would jump at it.
    We use Netflix and download quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

What are the other broadband options in the area, or are there any worth talking about? Mobile? Satellite?
    We are looking at a house in the area and the broadband is the only thing that's putting us off, other than that it's perfect. It's killing me! If we could find a reliable solution we would jump at it.
    We use Netflix and download quite a bit.

You could try https://www.imagine.ie/
    I have them, they are a wireless provider who transmits from the mountains.
    I get a solid 20 to 30Mb download even at peak times.
    If you can see the montains from the house then you should be able to get it.
    If you enter the eircode on there site it should tell you

Advertisement