Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council taking in charge, do I still pay mgmt fees?

Options
  • 08-02-2017 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

As the title says, I've heard recently that the council (fingal) are beginning the process of taking in charge of our estate. I am just wondering if we'd still have to pay our management fees seeing as we're paying the property tax? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Depends on what the management fee covers at present. If it includes the cost of cutting the grass and maintaining the road surface, that will now be covered by the council. But if it includes waste collection, then I'd assume you'd still have to pay that.

Why not ask the management company that you're a member of (assuming you own your house) as to what the annual service charge is spent on. That will help you understand which costs will now be borne by the council

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you're in an apartment/duplex - yes, there is building maintenance/sinking fund requirements.

If you're in a conventional house - probably not. You should have been informed of all of this at an AGM/EGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭17togo

Thanks, I'm one of the people that just pay up and b*tch and moan in private about the management fees without going to agms. But I do know we are being charged for green area maintenance etc, also there are a couple of blocks of apts in the estate that have communal bins but we have to pay for our own bin collection fees. I know there is building insurance in the fee too. Ah well hopefully there might be a slight decrease in the fee at least. Thanks for the replies!

Advertisement