Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire alarm

Options
  • 08-02-2017 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,im wondering if anyone has knowledge of the menvier mf 400 fire panel,i had a detector that was causing alarm activations so i changed the detector but i am still getting an activation in that room from the new detector,ive checked the cabling and all seems ok,if anyone has had a similiar problem or has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Whats the environment its in like?
    Dusty? Strong Fumes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Coddy76

It's in a classroom but the enviroment seems ok,the system was inatalled about eight years ago by a different company but is only giving trouble now.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Coddy76 wrote: »
    It's in a classroom but the enviroment seems ok,the system was inatalled about eight years ago by a different company but is only giving trouble now.

Did you also change the base of the detector ?

If you did and its still giving problems its more than likely an intermittent short somewhere .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Swap the detector with another room & see if the problem moves or stays.

I dont have much experience with fire systems and this might sound like a silly question but should i swap just the head or the head and base?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Coddy76 wrote: »
    I dont have much experience with fire systems and this might sound like a silly question but should i swap just the head or the head and base?

Id always change both

Ok lads i'll try that,thanks very much for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

I see this is an old thread, did you fix problem? I'm a fire alarm engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

hi murph I service a hkc securewatch system for a lass in dry cleaner and she recently got a CFP 2-8 Zone Fire Panel fitted
    do you know is it easy to link one of these into a hkc alarm system? does it require simple wire into a zone on burglar alarm?
    she has a text dialler on the alarm and wants to get text if the fire alarm goes off too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

hi murph I service a hkc securewatch system for a lass in dry cleaner and she recently got a CFP 2-8 Zone Fire Panel fitted
    do you know is it easy to link one of these into a hkc alarm system? does it require simple wire into a zone on burglar alarm?
    she has a text dialler on the alarm and wants to get text if the fire alarm goes off too

I'm nearly sure there's a relay on the board so you can just wire it straight into a zone on the panel.

Have you not searched online for the manual?

• Advertisement

thanks fred I had a look at the manual but it was unclear

I don't do intruder alarms, but yes you can link it into a zone on the HKC and set it up as a fire zone. You'll need the n/c fire relay on the fire alarm panel. There are 3 relays on that panel, off the top of my head the one you want is labeled as 'aux'. I'll double check tomorrow as i have one in the back of my van.

thanks murph let me know how to wire it if you can

Just checked, it is labeled as 'aux'. You'll most likely want to 'c' and 'n/c' connections from this relay. This will go open when fire alarm is triggered and return to closed when alarm is reset.

so you think I should wire directly into a zone on alarm panel from the terminals labelled 'aux' on fire panel?

so you think I should wire directly into a zone on alarm panel from the terminals labelled 'aux' on fire panel?

Yes, thats a voltage free relay contact. Just link from that to one of the intruder alarm zones that you can set as 'fire'. You may need to use an end of line or triggering resistor, I wouldn't know as that is intruder alarm side.

great thanks murph

Advertisement