Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorable hunting days!

• 08-02-2017 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Please share some of your memorable hunting days! Ok I'm only a newbie really I only started shooting around a year ago but one of my memorable days shooting was when I went out with a friend who was also only new to shooting in a hide on stubbles fired 200 or so shots and only got 30 odd birds but it was a day I'll never forget!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Left and right on pheasant, mallard, teal and 2 left and rights on snipe all on the same day that is my claim to fame about 4 years ago end of december there was 3 single teal a mallard 3 more snipe and one pheasant also on same day hunting over 2 english setters.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Crow Pigeon and Pheasant

blackpearl wrote:
    Left and right on pheasant, mallard, teal and 2 left and rights on snipe all on the same day that is my claim to fame about 4 years ago end of december there was 3 single teal a mallard 3 more snipe and one pheasant also on same day hunting over 2 english setters.

Sounds like that was a nice full bag going home! Fair play! And Thanks for sharing!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kiltris

Shot 4 foxes and a cock standing at the end of a cover last season, the whole day was one to remember.. The final bag was massive between everyone on the day..

This year I shot 4 bucks in one day, 2 on the morning stalk & 2 in the evening.. Freezer was full and I was a happy camper!

Kiltris wrote:
    Shot 4 foxes and a cock standing at the end of a cover last season, the whole day was one to remember.. The final bag was massive between everyone on the day..

Kiltris wrote:
    This year I shot 4 bucks in one day, 2 on the morning stalk & 2 in the evening.. Freezer was full and I was a happy camper!

It's great to hear about those days that turn out really well or are just good craic! Thanks for sharing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

My most memorable shot from this season was 2 snipe with one shot. I've done it with plenty of other birds but never heard of it with snipe.

• Advertisement

Bogwoppit wrote:
    My most memorable shot from this season was 2 snipe with one shot. I've done it with plenty of other birds but never heard of it with snipe.

Always a first time I suppose! Thanks for sharing! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I highly doubt I'm the first to do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Bogwoppit wrote: »

Put it up last year on forum left and right 1 with first shot 2 with second never done it before or after asked if any body else had this before no answers ,welldone we will have to start a club 2 snipe one shot club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Taking a snap shot at a bolting rabbit and finding two of them on the deck when I went over.
    On skeet range hitting both crossing clays with one shot - not a rarity but good when it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

letting a very large fallow buck go during the rut.. have been watching him for two years now.. hopefully make a medal quality come next year.. if not whats another year

• Advertisement

Thanks guys for all yer story's it's always interesting I find to hear about other people's days!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Tikka391

daithi55 wrote: »
    letting a very large fallow buck go during the rut.. have been watching him for two years now.. hopefully make a medal quality come next year.. if not whats another year

If only more people went about there hunting with this attitude.
    Wonderful to read

Advertisement