Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paints

Options
  • 08-02-2017 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hey I'm looking to paint a hall and a room, would anyone know of any cheap paint I could get?

By the way if anyone know if any of the diy shops are doing any specials on paint let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just dont get the cheap paint in BnQ tis crap, even if you buy it thinking sure this will do, you will end up spending more money as you will have to buy more for proper coverage... Woodies is worth keeping an eye on in fairness they do some good deals, although dont go looking for help or anything instore.. But if you know what colours you want just keep an eye out for when the deals are coming up and youll be sorted.. We got the easy wash stuff but to be honest I am not sure if there is much differance with them, I didnt think it was any easier to wash off marks on the wall..

There is another chap who is down the back of the woolen mills in Douglas he might be able to help you out with a good deal too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Hey I'm looking to paint a hall and a room, would anyone know of any cheap paint I could get?

By the way if anyone know if any of the diy shops are doing any specials on paint let me know.

Pat McDonnel
    Free delivery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Don't economise on paint, cheap paint is a complete pain to use, and you end up doing more coats anyway. At least go for Dulux or Crown.

For my money, Colortrend paints are not cheap but have excellent coverage, are washable and are a pleasure to use. And I have done *a lot* of painting, in various houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Jonstons opposite Harvey Norman's on kinsale roundabout.

Advertisement