Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 - was in recovery mode and downloading software udpate and phone turned off

Options
  • 08-02-2017 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

My iphone is goosed; probably becuase of its lack of memory (too many photos/videos) and died. Wouldnt power on again.

So I put it in recovery mode, connected itunes and itunes prompted to restore or update software.
    Tried for the update as Id like to keep some of the photos/info if possible. The software was udpating, but the download was taking more then 20 mins and iphone has left recoevery mode in the meantime. (my internet is ****e!)

The software is still downloading but is this pointless as the iphone has left recovery mode now. Does it store on my laptop first before transfer/updating the software on the iphone when reconnected? If the download completes, can i reconnect the iphone in recoevery mode and complete a softeare update that way?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

It still can be fixed try to get a stronger WIFI network or something you can plug your laptop into the Lan on your router as recovery mode times out after 15 mins.

ITs about 2GB you need to download fingers crossed the update works. If not restore is the only way.

Did you back up things to iCloud ?.

Go to the iCloud.com and sign in and see what photos are there and you can see what you. Also you can check you contacts as well see if there all there

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭jc77

If the download takes more than 15 minutes, iPhone will exit recovery mode. Let the download finish, then repeat the steps to update device.

iTunes will look in default location for latest ipsw file & if found will use this instead of downloading again from apple.

Advertisement